rather take 2 than none at all

williteverend

Reaction score
has anyone accidentally taken 2 tablets of propecia? This morning in my usual sleepy haze I think I took one tablet at my usual 7:30 a.m. Then I woke up again at 9:30 a.m and took another not thinking I took the earlier one, im trusting my instincts that i never took my first one. I keep trying to remember and replay it in my head. Would this be bad for you? would it throw off the effectiveness of the treatment? I think about it and i'd rather take 2 accidentally than take none at all.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
It's not a problem. Don't worry about it.

G

I agree here with Dr HairDecade

It's no big problem, just resume your normal dose tomorrow, remember people who take finasteride for BPH would be taking the equivalent of 5 propecia pills a day, every day.

The main issue with increased doses of finasteride is an increase in the incidence of side effects, it would take a lot more than a single extra dose of 1mg taken just once for these side effects to kick in (if they ever did).

Ty

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Test subjects have taken as much as 400 mg of finasteride at a time (!) in single doses, or 50 mg/day for several months with no problems. I strongly doubt that "williteverend" is about to drop dead of finasteride overdose! :D

Bryan