Raven-X's Story

Raven-X

Reaction score
OK, this isn't a great tragedy or anything. My name is Daquan Wright and I've joined these forums in search to talk to people about hair loss.

Common as it is, there are reasons why I think I only sped up the process and it wasn't natural for me.

It doesn't run in my family which is the main reason for that belief, but things did take place.

First off, I had a staph infection or something of that nature. Went to several doctors and got treatment for it, I sense no inflammation within my scalp now.

Scarring occurred at the back of my head and I was told the hair would never come back. I can hardly see those scarred spots, except for when I get a hair cut.

Here is my main concern. I would wear a cap at work in a warehouse where I worked in trailers. It was very hot and I believe what happened is that my scalp started shedding hair faster than it could grow hair. After wearing caps in trailers for a few months, I realized my hair wasn't the same as when I left high school. In short, it thinned out at the front mainly. The back seems unaffected.

Does anyone here recommend Rogaine? My grandmother recommended it but I've read that it is only for the back of your head, like in a specific spot.

If anyone can verify that it does help regrow hair, I'm so willing to try it out.

I hope someone gets back to me soon. :) Again this isn't a disaster but it is something I've observed for a while and I even stopped drinking all coffee because I thought the coffee might be one cause of hair loss perhaps. I believe the main problem is that the hair just shed really fast due to me wearing caps in a trailer at work and I'd truly like to know if Rogaine can help with that please.

I don't have any pictures since I didn't have a camera. My uncle gave me one and I will definitely post some up if I can get it working. It's just not as strong as it was in high school and I'm almost sure wearing a cap in those trailers to hide my past infection just caused more problems for me.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
ok well since we dont have pictures

i would see a derm to get diagnosed with male pattern baldness

if you have it then get on finasteride and possibly the big 3 if nessary

i hope this helps but it hard to diagnose things you can't see

cheers mate

Raven-X

Reaction score
Question, do you have to stay on Rogaine for the rest of your life or just the months in which you'd treat hair?

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
using minoxidil is a lifelong commitment
once you get off it the hair you grew and maintained will fall out within 3-4 months

some speculate that other (non-male pattern baldness affected) hair also become dependent on it as well

so you are better off either using it forever or really non at all

or at least till something better comes along

cheers mate

Raven-X

Reaction score
It's ok, my hair isn't too bad. If it persists then I'd just go to the doctor about it. But as it stands I did some reading on the subject and saw some vitamins that help hair growth that I don't get enough of. I'll revitalize my diet a bit more and make sure to avoid wearing caps.