Rayy's Story (26 / Diffuse NW3 on nizoral and finasteride)

rrayy

Reaction score
My parents have noticed I had a receding hairline and thinning back when i was 23 after graduating college. There are strong signs of male pattern baldness on both sides of my family, males and females on both sides. Its now time to fight this dreaded human defect. I saw my doctor and got a prescription for propecia (the real deal merck stuff, gives me piece of mind its real). Started taking it about a month ago and was shedding a lot, noticed a lot of sides but knew it was working. I've been taking it in combination with 5000mcg of Biotin daily and noticed a real difference in my hair lately. Really its too early to know if its working yet, I will chime in couple months later and see. So far no other sides to report.

Recently I've noticed small hairs popping up from my temples that weren't there before. I perfer not to use minoxidil as I cannot keep up the routine, I just hope to thicken up and maintain, maybe some regrowth. nizoral twice a week and Dove volume shampoo on the other days.

I try to keep a healthy diet by eating fish, veggies, fruits, and chicken. no beef or pork. Gym for Cardio 3 times a week, yoga once a week, and weights once a week.

To all those that are suffering from mbp, don't let it get you down, I know its cliche but I've learned to always live your life to the fullest, all men suffer from some type of hairloss in their life but it should not happen to men in their 20s or early 30s. Those that make fun of your hairloss is shallow and superficial, you play with the cards you are dealt and people making fun of you just because you got the mbp card are idiots. Its nothing you could have helped or prevented. Stay strong and ignore these immature people.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: rayy's story (26, Diffuse NW3 on nizoral and finasteride)

maybe you could prevent this before to start...there are actually some people here that caught the male pattern baldness early and after 9 or 10 years they are still at Norwood 1;)

rrayy

Reaction score
Well its been 1.5 months on propecia and it seems bad. Is it normal to be shedding on your temples and hairline? I feel I'm losing ground there faster than on the crown. Will my shedding temple come back? or is it just gonna get worse there?

rrayy

Reaction score
I just went to the Doctor and he felt something that appears to be a small lump on my left breast nipple. He suggested stop taking finasteride for a month or so and if it disappears then I can restart on a lower dose. I been having a lot of success on finasteride after 3 months on it as my temples have started to come in again. He didn't say anything about weening off propecia, to prevent shock loss. Its a tough decision moobs or hair, oh such a cruel world.

Ideally I would like to keep my hair for 2 years until I get married, But now I dunno anymore.

I wonder if taking .25mg finasteride EOD would help. Pretty sure I would lose all the progress I gained in 3 months on finasteride after the first week of stopping finasteride.

Sorry guys I needed to rant