Rdracz's Story

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: 21 yr old with serious problem (HELP PLEASE)

monty1978 said:
It's probably too early for you to start messing with minoxidil and to be honest unless you get dht under control it won't do anything for you.

Side effect free things like copper peptides (tricomin), fluridil, spironolactone are your best bet.

How could you recommend copper peptides ahead of MIN ? There are several people out there who have maintained on MIN alone and not mention it works in an entirely different way when compared to finasteride.All the side effects and shedding that some people report here are overrated and most of these guys stop applying MIN as soon as they see any such signs which is stupid because shedding essentially means that MIN is working.

To the OP-MIN could only help you from this point forward...Trust me I had a similar hairline and it got better with MIN.I added Finasteride about 4 months ago and some of the peach fuzz have turned terminal already.

I would recommend you to take finasteride and MIN as they are the most economical and effective treatments for Male Pattern Baldness.

Save as much as you can now and consider hair replacement in your 30s.

If you are too afraid of finasteride,use spironolactone or Fluridil like monty1978 said.You could maintain really well with those two as well.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Try medication first before even considering surgery. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, but medication seems to be working for me. I'm thinking of surgery in like... a year or 5 or so. If I even need it by then, cause as I said the meds work. And I'm no salesman or something. So give it a try. How long have you been receding btw?

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Any brand would do as all of them contain the same stuff.I personally use the foam but I am thinking of adding the liquid too as newer studies claim that it is more effective especially when you have long hair.

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score
why is everyone saying he should go on min? he should go propecia and see how it goes. IF he starts losing more hair THEN he should add minoxidil, propecia is the easiest and best treatment.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I didn't say he should go on MIN.I just said he could use MIN instead of trying Tricomin which hardly works and is expensive when compared to MIN.

I agree Finasteride should be the first line of treatment....

Reaction score
I'd like to see how your hair sits naturally or styled. If you do have hair loss or a high forehead its at a very early stage. Get on meds and pray you maintain what you have..

The best piece of advice I can give, is get out there and enjoy life while you still have hair. I was 20-ish when I started coming to these forums and I was probably in the same panic mode as you. I visited various hair loss forums for a couple months then realized no matter how much time I spent hear its not gonna change my current state. So I went and enjoyed life like any young guy in his early 20's.