rdtx's story- Before + Today

rdtx

Reaction score
42 year old guy here - I found the site by accident and have gone down the rabbit hole completely.

Hair had been steadily evacuating since about age 35 or so - decided to see if any of this sh*t worked.

Loaded up on about 6 months worth of supplies and got after it around Feb 25 2011

The March photo is about 4-5 weeks in - after a pant shitting MEGA shed of about a solid week.

I went from an alarming 25-30 or so hairs per shower to 'too tragic to contemplate' and needing to buy Drano to unplug the tub. No bullshit - it was horrific.

Since many others have said, 'Stay the course' - I did and it was an anxiety filled OCD Hell Ride.

The first baby sprouts came after the shed - just wee little dark hairs at the hairline showing up one at a time - then more and more started filling in - now after about 4 months total I actually feel resistance when I comb my hair. For the first time in a decade, I can feel my f'n hair going thru the comb...unbelievable.

I am posting this for all the dudes out there that are at the Shed-from-Hell phase and are thinking of cashing out - don't do it.

I feel for every guy on here (especially the younger guys - I was an 80s Metalhead and always had a lion's mane of hair and am working my way back) and can say for certain that this combo is working for me - here are the pix from the start of the journey.

Attachments

• March 23 2011.JPG
    March 23 2011.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 273
  • June 29 2011.JPG
    June 29 2011.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 261

dboy

Reaction score
Re: RD 42 - Before + Today

Good growth man....what would you attribute mostly to your regrowth...propecia, minoxidil ..????

rdtx

Reaction score

Thanks!

I'm not sure - I think it has to be the combination

I started the Propecia first - (while waiting on the other stuff to be delivered) so I had about a 2.5 wk head start on the finasteride.

For the first 2 months I did the minoxidil 2x/day religiously even if it meant staying home at night.

I have new growth in the front - no doubt about it - my wife had sorta gotten used to me checking obsessively and didn't pay much attention.

When I showed her the two pix tonight, she was blown away and is the one who suggested I do the profile and post.

dboy

Reaction score

I too have noticed shed since using rogaine...I feel like wearing a cap. I developed severe itchiness and red scabs, hence i had to stop..Do you experience any of this using rogaine? Where did you order the 15% rogaine? brand?...

rdtx

Reaction score

I didnt get any weird reactions to the minoxidil - I ordered it off of amazon - the Revita shampoo as well.

I started w/Rogaine foam and that sh*t was ridiculous - nasty grease that mostly got rubbed into my hair and not my scalp - I stopped that after a few days and switched to the 15% solution

rdtx

Reaction score
Here's a 2nd Before picture with a better match of lighting/angle - you can see the definite increase in fullness between these two...

Both are fresh outta the shower and combed straight back.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    487.7 KB · Views: 214
  • photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    592.3 KB · Views: 212

rdtx

Reaction score
Re: rdtx's story- Before + Today - UPDATED 11/19

Hey guys -

Just checking in with an update - now roughly 9 months in to regimen.

It seems to be going well - I must say I am pretty f'n stoked

Glad I found this site and learned to take pics to chart progress rather than counting hairs - that had me a bit OCD early on...

Getting a bit of the 'what's different about you?' vibe these days - the 2 or 3 of my close buds that I showed the progress pix were tripped the f*** out!

Good luck out there!

Attachments

• March 23b.JPG
    March 23b.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 190
  • July 03 2011.JPG
    July 03 2011.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 191
  • Nov 19 2011.JPG
    Nov 19 2011.JPG
    412.3 KB · Views: 205

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa, these are some results! :woot: Good thing you found us man. Enjoy your hair!

dboy

Reaction score
Nice progress...what is your current daily use ...you still use 15% minoxidil from amazon? and propeica...??...what brand of minoxidil did you use...and how often you use it?

dinosaur_sr

Established Member
Reaction score
great results man your hair looks great! Real noticeable difference at the front. Always encouraging to see the finasteride/minoxidil combination creating this kind of regrowth at the front.

skyghost

Reaction score
definitely a success story! congrats dude! :bravo:

quick question, before trying 15% minoxidil had you tried 5% and 10% with no results?

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
this is f*cking amazing. Awesome. Maybe I should hit the 15% minoxidil...damn.
:punk:

One thing though - 25-30 hairs you find alarming? Then I'll be bald in two months. :whistle:

rdtx

Reaction score
Here's the basic regimen - I gave the recipe to one of my buds about two months ago - hope it works for others as well.

Propecia 1x day first thing in the morning.
15% minoxidil 2x day at least 2hrs before shower

T-Sal Shampoo 5x week
T-Gel Shampoo 2x week

I switch up the shampoo every 3rd day - just to give the scalp a good going over - then use a few high end conditioners (Nexxus: one leave-in and one rinse out) a couple times a week to keep it from drying too bad.

Been at it pretty much nonstop since the last week of February 2011

rdtx

Reaction score
Oh - I never used the 5 or 10% minoxidil - just went balls out from jumpstreet.

dboy

Reaction score
what is the brand name you buy off amazon..Is it the perfect image or another brand...?