Re: Thenational's Story -3yr update- 4yrs proscar - Stopped

Curious108

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 21 receding + (PICTURES)

Your hair looks exactly like mine.

My thread can be found in here too with pics.

Petchsky

Reaction score

It's definitely receded, has it always gone in at the front?

You have caught it early and just using finasteride is the best choice of drug, i would not use minoxidil as you still have plenty of hair. I would add Nizoral though.

Curious108

Established Member
Reaction score

Will using these things definately work?

Or is it a hit and hope type situation?

I don't know alot about hair loss, but I get the impression from things I read that nothing 100% works for everyone.

thenational

Established Member
Reaction score

Petchsky said:
It's definitely receded, has it always gone in at the front?

You have caught it early and just using finasteride is the best choice of drug, i would not use minoxidil as you still have plenty of hair. I would add Nizoral though.

No i'v never had a widows peak its gradually gone back in one piece. Recently the temples have been weakening, i dont know if its the meds or is the loss just slowing?
My Doctor was baffled at me asking for propecia, but felt that my best outcome would be to maintain or slow the progression. Iv been thinking about Nizoral lately but might just ride out the finasteride for a while longer see how it goes.

Petchsky

Reaction score

Before you decide not to use the nizoral, i'd advise you to read up on it here. It has stimulant properties and helps with the inflammation of the scalp. It can only help, plus you don't need a prescription.

Took me 7-8 months to realise the finasteride was definitely working. Re evaluate in 12 months, then if losing to much ground use minoxidil.

MSFB

Established Member
Reaction score

your hairline doesnt look receding at all...

thenational

Established Member
Reaction score

MSFB said:
your hairline doesnt look receding at all...

Definetly has, i will post before pics of a younger age on my next update, but it has gone back about an inch in total, use to have a small forehead, its now much larger.

Proscar has seemed to slow it down but id like to maintain all i have so im taking "Petchsky's" advice and throwing some Nizoral into the mix.

thenational

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 21 receding + (PICTURES) (Update )

I feel its gradually been getting worse, my hairline seems to be disappearing up my head (rapidly). Hasnt been helped by a bad haircut either, thinking about just gettn rid of it all. Sorry about the poor quality photos

Took advice from the wise'o forum and have recently added nizoral to the mix so im on 2 out of the big 3. do you wreck i should be thinking minoxidil?

Cheers for any advice or thoughts on the update, keep on rolliing the national

Petchsky

Reaction score

Doesn't look any worse to me, are you checking your hair in the mirror numerous times a day?

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score

Yeah, minoxidil for you would just be a waste of money. Just use finasteride and maybe the nizoral.

That haircut was a bad choice though.. I couldn't help but laugh a bit at the pic. You still have a great head of hair..you're not at all at the stage where you need to cut it short on the sides (and if you do, blend it, don't bowl cut it..LOL!!).

Check out my pics in the "die hard hairline!" thread, that's the earliest in male pattern baldness stages that one should consider minoxidil.

-DH

thenational

Established Member
Reaction score

die_hard said:
Yeah, minoxidil for you would just be a waste of money. Just use finasteride and maybe the nizoral.

That haircut was a bad choice though.. I couldn't help but laugh a bit at the pic. You still have a great head of hair..you're not at all at the stage where you need to cut it short on the sides (and if you do, blend it, don't bowl cut it..LOL!!).

Check out my pics in the "die hard hairline!" thread, that's the earliest in male pattern baldness stages that one should consider minoxidil.

-DH

Haha cheers for the advice on both the bowl cut and minoxidil, but its tricky to try and not look at the loss from time to time maybe i am over analyzing.

Finding the 1% nizoral a beaut, like how it makes the scalp and hair feel, will update in a few months again.

dotsona

Reaction score
Re: thenational's story - (21 receding + (PICTURES)

You most likely have a maturing hairline, and yes this is a natural phenomenon and it does happen around the ages of 20-25, you can read about it on baldingblog.com, I would say your fine.

thenational

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Thenational's Story - (21 receding + PICTURES)3 month update

Right so i got on nizoral 1% and haven't felt much if any impact.

Read lots about rogaine foam and am now debating if i should add it to my regime, then i'll be on the big 3.

The national

Obsidian

Reaction score

I don't think it has receded that much, personally I think it's up to you. Otherwise, your hair still looks thick.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Looks more like a maturing hairline to me, but you know best. Stick with finasteride and nizoral if you decide it is receeding.

eXVee

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Thenational's Story - Dec 22 2008 PICS UPDATE

It could be slightly receeding, but your hair still looks great.

The haircut's crap though. Look for haircuts for receeding hairlines. With a good cut and finasteride i think you'll still be in the safe zone for another decade.

thenational

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Thenational's Story - Dec 22 2008 PICS UPDATE

A small update

DSC00898.jpg

As of today i decided to take dutasteride twice weekly aswell as proscar for the remaining 5 days.

The National

amsch

Reaction score
Re: Thenational's Story - PICS UPDATE

do you really finasteride dutasteride is necessary? ..

thenational

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Thenational's Story - PICS UPDATE

amsch said:
do you really finasteride dutasteride is necessary? ..

I know it may seem drastic but the loss hasn't stopped, its just creeping back further and further. I found the idea and inspiration of dutasteride twice a week from the forumer "shadowRX"

I know its easier to maintain than to regrow, i hope to stop the loss, dead, rather than in a years time thinking i should have taken stronger measurements to stop the loss of my temples.