reading my nizoral bottle..

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i noticed that it says to use 2 or 3 times a week at first and aferwards only once every one or two weeks...!!!!! that's what i'm thinking. 3 times a week is too much!!!!

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Some people have and do 3 times easily. I am however, not one of them.. it makes me itch to use it 3 times a week. I am currently experimenting with 2 times a week. Later, I'll ad T-Sal. If your not having itching or irritation.. then don't worry.

Deaner

Reaction score
I stopped using it a week ago and instead used just H&S 2in1 conditioner, and my flakes are gone, my shedding's gone, I don't even get the same relieving feeling from massaging my head anymore. All that built-up tension that massaging seemed to release before is totally gone. I'm gonna lay off the Nizoral for a long time, see how that works out for me... But I agree that nizoral 2-3x a week every week seems excessive.

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea, good point Deaner.. since I've been off the nizoral as much, my hairs in the shower seem to have decreased by 1/2.

Hmmm...

The Gardener

Reaction score
jimmystanley said:
i noticed that it says to use 2 or 3 times a week at first and aferwards only once every one or two weeks...!!!!! that's what i'm thinking. 3 times a week is too much!!!!

Once every one or two weeks might be ok for someone suffering from dandruff, but I think the multiple times/week advice should be heeded for male pattern baldness sufferers. Dr Lee suggests this as well.

If you find Nizoral irritating, then I would definitely drop the frequency, but for a newbie who has no adverse reactions to it, I would stick to my advice to them to use it 2 or 3 times a week.

macdruid

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using it at least 3 times a week for 6 months or more and never had a problem. In fact, I used it 5 or 6 times a week back in the spring when my scalp was really bothering me and it helped out great without causing any irritation of it's own.

marksb11

Established Member
Reaction score
Nizoral doesn't do much for me. I have to use it every other day, otherwise my scalp flares up and I have huge CHUNKS of dermatitis and horrible dandruff.

Has anyone tride selenium sulfide? I just got some, but its making my hair fall out more...