Ready for a hair transplant?

Boarder

Reaction score
I am a 26 year old that has unsuccessfully tried a number a treatments.

a) Propecia for 1.5 years with minimal stability and noticable sexual sides.
b) Rogaine for 4 years with regrowth in early stages but now off propecia am losing what I have gained

I feel with 2000-2200 grafts in a FUE I can achieve a full frontal hair line. I have a consultation with Dr. Rahal in Toronto in 3 weeks and will keep you all posted to what he says. I have very thick donor hair and am fully willing to get another hair transplant in 5-10 years if needed.

Attached are pics with and without flash ( It is amazing the difference that flash makes!)

Attachments

• Hair front.JPG
    Hair front.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 1,526
  • Hair front 2.JPG
    Hair front 2.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 183
  • Hair Side.JPG
    Hair Side.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 193
  • Hair 057.jpg
    Hair 057.jpg
    831.8 KB · Views: 187
  • Hair 044.jpg
    Hair 044.jpg
    866.7 KB · Views: 211
  • Hair 053.jpg
    Hair 053.jpg
    901.4 KB · Views: 203
  • Hair 046.jpg
    Hair 046.jpg
    807.9 KB · Views: 201

blankall

Reaction score
I am no expert and have no experience, but I would not get a hair transplant if I were you. Based on what I have seen, your hair will most likely continue to fall out. In which case, even if the hair transplant is successful, you will only have good result for a few years. After which, you may be left with bizzare patches of hair where the transplants were put in. In addition, you run the risk of scaring which may prevent you from simply shaving the hair off in the future.

Boarder

Reaction score
Thx for the response. IMO there is no issue with scarring with a FUE.

To address the issue of having hair continue to fall out; that is a constant in any hair loss sufferer. I think the key is for the doctor to properly account for future hairloss and leaving enough donor hair to do a touch up down the road.

I am also willing to get on a low dose finasteride should I go this route to help maintain the hair transplant and keep a good result for the near-mid future.

keepinthehair

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks to me that you could use about 50% hair replaced today in a hair transplant now to "fill in the gaps" and have a full head of hair. Then after a couple more years as your DHT sensitive hair falls you have room to once again "fill in the gap" of lost hair for a life long head of worry free hair. This is the route I plan to take anyway, so I say GO FOR IT.

s.a.f

Reaction score
If you're maintaing I'd just leave it otherwise be very very conservative with a hair transplant.