really need your advice- propeia seems to stop working for me

seeker37

Reaction score
so here's my story:

i'm 37 and have been on propecia for the past 7 years (till recently used quartes of procure and 2 months ago went to brand propecia).
for the past years propecia worked great for me. no side effects and hairloss went to normal after several months.
problem started about 8 months ago. it seems like propecia stopped working for me- and now i loose about 150 hairs per day.
I've read that proprecia influence lowers within years of use and fear that might be my case...

I continue to use 1 mg propecia for a day (out of fear it might go worse once i stop) and also added nizoral twice a week (my scalp started itching).
I also started using dutas (dr. reddy) for the past 4 months (in addition to the propecia).
I started with one dutas pill per day and for the past few weeks went to 3-4 per a week.

problem is dutas doesn't seem to work... there's no noticable impoovementat all.
i really hoped that dutas will do the work but it just not happening...
i started suspect that maybe my dutas pills aren't legit althought it comes directly from india and looks legit , but then again, i have no way of knowing for sure..
do any of you know a way to purchase legit brand avodart without pres. (I have pres. only for propecia)

that's my situation.
I'm desparate like i've never been before...
i really appreciate if any of you can give me some adviceof what should i do to stop that awfull shedding.
I prefer not to use minoxidil and other stuff like that (i don't have time to deal with it through the day)

thanks in advance to any of you who can give some advice from his own experience !!

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Apart from minoxidil I'm new to other treatments, but I haven't seen many guys on here mention taking both finasteride and dutasteride at the same time, I get the impression it's one or the other? Along with minoxidil and nizoral, but I just can't recall anyone mentioning finasteride and dutasteride mixed.

I don't know if that's the problem, but maybe someone else will know.

seeker37

Reaction score
thanks for your reply.
I was also wondering at the beggining if combining dutas + propecia might be a problem but i've read in some forums that there shouldn't be a problem taking them at the same time.
the reason i take them both is simply because i have no way of knowing for 100% if my dutas pills are genuine so i'm afraid to quit propecia (which is legit from local pharmacy).
thanks again

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone with a bit of insight want to discuss dutasteride and propecia? I'm sure I haven't seen many people mention having both, or even some people quitting either dutasteride to go on propecia or vice versa, but sticking with minoxidil and nizoral.