recede25's story - (new member/new positive attitude)

recede25

Reaction score
hi new member here. i,m 25 from uk. first aware of balding process when about 22, couple of comments from people, i desmissed it like so many people on here, won't happen to me etc. didn't have a clue about any treatment until about 23 and ahalf, a chance browsing of this site really got me up to speed on possible treatment. my situation at that point was recession on one temple, nothing significant on the other( probably receding though) with beginging of hair thinning out throughout top of my head. long shot is got on proscar a year ago, hair is now amazingly thick throughout top. however have been using spectral dnc on temples for around 8 months with no visibly improvement, infact one temple has shedded abit. i must stress though that i have been using it on and of and no way 2 a day. don't really know what to do with the temple situation. get of dnc? on rogaine? start using dnc more often? advice would be greatly appreciated.

this site has really helped though. love the positive storys on fighting hairloss, and also how live your life. the site has encourged me to make the most of everything good and not to mope around and waste life. getting on the meds gives peace in mind that your doing all you can. have also overhauled my diet started on weights , new wardrobeetc. all positive things, can't be bothered feeling sorry for my self, not talking to girls etc.

sorry about the long story, anyway advice on the temples would be great

cheers

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm about the same age in in the same boat although it started much earlier for me. The general consensus on this forum seems to be that minoxidil in either foam or liquid form works well on the temples (for some better than others).

Have a look here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=32443&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=110

I've been taking minoxidil for about a month now and have shed pretty badly. Many people who have had this experience bounced back by month 3 and each month onward had more and more regrowth. So I cannot personally recommend it yet but hopefully in a couple months I will see some improvement and be able to do so.

I say it's still worth a shot though.