Receding Hairline Age 19

Templerun

Reaction score
So i've been noticing that my hairline has been receding right after I left for college. I kind of freaked out about it but then decided to just forget about it. Then it got a little worse and freaked me out again. My brother is 21 but he is literally already a norwood 5 (which scares me a little bit but I know my genes aren't as bad since he started balding quickly in middle school and all my other brothers have great hair). Anyways, I'm back home from college and finally had the courage to tell my parents that I wanted to go on finasteride. I'm finally on treatment (about one and a half weeks in) and i just bought some nizoral 1% to compliment the routine. The pictures show my current hairline and recession at the temples (I recently buzzed my hair to get a better look at the recession). I think I'm a Norwood 2 but could just be kidding myself and am actually a Norwood 3. I would like to regrow some of my hairline and temple hair, but i know that is somewhat difficult/unlikely. If my hair were to stay like this forever, i would be pretty happy (considering many people have much worse and i haven't progressed much), but i wouldn't mind some regrowth either since I'm still one year into college (and greedy). My dream would be to keep the hair I have until they come out with a real cure in 4 to 5 years (fingers crossed). However, I'm just still up in the air if i should add rogaine to my regimen. It probably would increase chances of regrowth but i don't want to be stuck on it for life and I hear that it is a hassle and the side effects are pretty annoying. Also, I would be pretty upset in a year or so if i learned that i should have been using it straight away before the miniaturized hairs got too small. I would appreciate any input and will keep up updates probably at a three month interval. And thank you to everyone else that has posted on the forum, much of the advice and comments I've read have been very helpful.

[attachment=0:1665e8c0]photo (5).JPG[/attachment:1665e8c0]
[attachment=2:1665e8c0]photo (4).JPG[/attachment:1665e8c0]
[attachment=1:1665e8c0]photo (3).jpg[/attachment:1665e8c0]

Attachments

• photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 282
  • photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 262
  • photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 293

Templerun

Reaction score
So it's been a little over a month and I am starting to consider minoxidil for my hairline/temples to complete the big three. I think I'll only use the foam to make it easy on myself. Also, for minoxidil users out there, how annoying is doing the application two times a day? Popping a pill isn't so time consuming but being a rogaine slave is not as appealing to me.