Receding hairline at 16, Pictures

Johesian

Reaction score
Ive been worrying about my hairline for months now, im not sure if its receding or a mature hairline or whatever, I find it wierd cause theres no hairs on my temples which i think the recession is happening, but my widows peak is growin back after being shaved off a few times, it still grows back strong so im unsure what is happening,

dont jump to conclusions please im a very paranoid person so if you dont know or not sure dont bother sharing unless you state that

Attachments

• ffff.jpg
    ffff.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,701
  • gggg.jpg
    gggg.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,751
  • fffff.jpg
    fffff.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 1,675

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
your temples definitely look receded in my opinion but it's hard to say without a before pic to compare them to. did you always have deep temples or is this a new thing?

Johesian

Reaction score
I remeber in year 8 my teacher was like "oh you dont have a straight hairline" so Im fairly certian its always been like deeper at the temples but im not sure if its getting worse, my dad has a alot of temple recession but the middle of his hairline is still there

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I remeber in year 8 my teacher was like "oh you dont have a straight hairline" so Im fairly certian its always been like deeper at the temples but im not sure if its getting worse, my dad has a alot of temple recession but the middle of his hairline is still there

idk, i guess you should probably monitor it a bit and check other areas to see if there's evidence of thinning (long hair can disguise thinning in other places). i think you are probably fine but i'd pay very close attention to it and be ready to jump on finasteride if it starts getting worse. BEFORE it gets bad though, seriously - finasteride should be looked at as a preventative tool to keep you from losing hair, not to regrow hair you've already lost

Johesian

Reaction score
everytime my parents see me checking my hairline they think theres something wrong with me and im worrying over nothing, so its hard for me to actually find out for real, the best i have tried to do is olive oil hair treatment to strenghen my hair

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
everytime my parents see me checking my hairline they think theres something wrong with me and im worrying over nothing, so its hard for me to actually find out for real, the best i have tried to do is olive oil hair treatment to strenghen my hair

yup my dad did the same thing to me when i was your age worrying about my hair. don't do what i did and sit idle about it if you feel like theres a real issue there then see a doctor/do what you have to do.

Johesian

Reaction score
11039580_10205484408527875_1154307977_n.jpgThis is the most recent and best photo i got of my hairline i guess, is a bit more pulled back so yeh tell me what ya think

Reaction score
View attachment 31700This is the most recent and best photo i got of my hairline i guess, is a bit more pulled back so yeh tell me what ya think
The peaks look even. Do you think you could just kinda ignore it until you're 18 and old enough to try propecia and just monitor it a litle bit here and there
I'm not sure dude.

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
finasteride, minoxidil, immediately.

Dafuq you idiot he is STILL 16 and you are advising finasteride!!
You HAVE to be 18 to start finasteride. This earns you a neg

- - - Updated - - -

@Johesian
Good for you to detect it early :D
Id say Minoxidil with azelaic acid is good enough
Also DO NOT EVEN THINK about finasteride. You are VERY young for that.

Reaction score
Dafuq you idiot he is STILL 16 and you are advising finasteride!!
You HAVE to be 18 to start finasteride. This earns you a neg

- - - Updated - - -

@Johesian
Good for you to detect it early :D
Id say Minoxidil with azelaic acid is good enough
Also DO NOT EVEN THINK about finasteride. You are VERY young for that.

why didn't you recommend the nizoral shampoo?

shookwun

Reaction score
NW2.

time to get on minioxidil mixed with RU solution, and Nizoral.

0-100realquick

Established Member
Reaction score
Honestly man, it does look like you have some recession. Since you are only 16 I would not advise for you to get on propecia/finasteride. For now, the best you can do is to use Minoxidil and a ketoconazole shampoo. Once you are 18 you can start thinking about finasteride/propecia. Rogaine/minoxidil should be able to hold you off until 18, but the problem is you have to continue using it forever if you want to keep your hair. So its up to you. It can be a hassle to apply minoxidil everyday for the rest of your life too.

ssjpotato

Established Member
Reaction score
People say that male pattern baldness only starts once you have finished puberty and your body has finished developing and to them that means using finasteride is okay.

Wait until you're 18 at least. Even at 21, the doctor was hesitant to prescribe me the drug and said I could be too young.

My advice dude. Go see a GP and get a referral to see a dermatologist. Judging by the shirt in the last pic, I think we live in the same state. The dermatologist I saw is Alan Donnelly, he works in a dermatology clinic in East Perth. He was very good and went into a lot of depth explaining hair loss and telling me my options, explaining what works and what scams there are. I think at your young age it would benefit speaking to him.

thaxceptional1

Established Member
Reaction score
ive been on finasteride and havent had any side effects all this paranoia about finasteride is cause of the few that get it. but to op, i think i wouldnt jump on finasteride or min until it gets worse. the reason is that u could cover that receding hairline plus it really doesnt look that bad. but logically if you are trying to grow back your hair then you probably want to hop on the big three.

idunnolol

Reaction score
Really ive been told its a a mature hairline
They lied. It's Androgenetic Alopecia kicking in. Now, I don't wanna scare you unnecessrily but those whose hair starts falling out the earliest are also the ones with the most aggressive forms of Androgenetic Alopecia. Get on something asap.

Johesian

Reaction score
I want someone to give me feedback on this, one of the photos is my brothers hair, i couldnt get a actual hairline picture because i didnt wanna be wierd and ask him, but yeh, and the other photo is of one hair that was taken from the middle of my fringe where hair grows thickest, and the other 2 you can just see are pulled from my temples, please tell me what you think
11051289_10205518635463527_254544982_n.jpg11026591_10205518635743534_597473437_n.jpg