Receding Hairline At 19 Years Old (?)

whoisalex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Before I start I'd like to say that I've never looked at my hairline for about 18 years because my hairstyle was covering it, the first time I noticed it was probably 3-4 months ago.

Is this considered a receding hairline?
20180517_224142.jpg
20180517_224211.jpg
20180517_224247.jpg

By the way, my forehead is bigger than average (don't know if that matters) and my hairline kind of looks like my dad's, who's 46 and he's not balding.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's definitely a receding hairline I'm afraid. You're a little worse off than me. I would say you are a Norwood 2.5 What you can do is start a medication called finasteride, its a prescription only Medicine but can be obtained from legitimate pharmacies without one on the internet. It is used to stop the balding process and has roughly an 83% success rate. It didn't work for me though, but I'm unfortunately a minority.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Before I start I'd like to say that I've never looked at my hairline for about 18 years because my hairstyle was covering it, the first time I noticed it was probably 3-4 months ago.

Is this considered a receding hairline?
View attachment 88631 View attachment 88632 View attachment 88633
By the way, my forehead is bigger than average (don't know if that matters) and my hairline kind of looks like my dad's, who's 46 and he's not balding.

Yes.

It's a receding hairline. What made it fall out, I don't know.

For example, look at your left side. It's much further back than your right. Those
hair strands there are by an already balding area.

Did you have it in a tight hairstyle before? (Traction alopecia).

I definitely think it's thinning around the temples. That's usually the first to go.