Receeding hairline..

thisucks

Reaction score
I'm a 25 y/o male and recently Ive noticed my hairline is receeding fairly quick around the temples. This is really starting to bother me and I need to know what the best course of action would be.

thanks

Reaction score
Hi,

I used to have a thinning hair line around the temples and at the vertex. Now both the vertex and the right temple is filled with hair. However, the left temple has some what continued to thin, or perhaps looks thinner as everything else have thickened up considerably. I am on Propecia, Xandrox 5% (just moved up to twice/day) and Tgel/Nizoral combo.

I have asked Dr.Lee personally, and he has mentioned that by applying twice/day, the Xandrox 5% will have a better chance of working. I asked if the 15% is a good choice, and he seems to think since I have been using the 5% for a while and isn't satisfied, I can definitely opt for the 15%. It is however, very expensive. Frankly I dont mind the cost, but I do not want to resort to anything too drastic unless it is a do or die thing.

My left temple is a complete see thru from the top under heavy light whereas the other areas are considerably thicker.

I dont know, maybe I am just complaining too much. My wife says that if she didnt know me, she will never think I have a hairloss problem. But lets be honest, when someone can tell immediately that you have a hair problem just by glancing at you, it means its time for a hair transplant wouldnt you say?

muii

Established Member
Reaction score
welcome to the boards....

There is many detailed information you can find on this site...you have to research them and decide whats the best course of action to take. There are a few proven treatments you can try that can help with your situation, the best you can expect is maintenance of your hair and some regrowth on these treatments...

if i was you i would go to the tell your story in the index and read some of the posters stories and the regimen they are using, many here use propecia, minoxidil, medicated shampoos like tsal and nizoral, etc...

and then you have many users using dht inhibitor topicals like spironolactone, revivogen, etc..

copper peptides like foligen, and so on and so forth..but i would say that the most popular regimen here would be finestiride (propecia), nizoral, and minoxidil, but please research all of this before you jump on the products of choice...

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/research/men/

wish you the best of luck man