Recent Fast Hair Loss - Just Starting Out Looking At Options

Blanchflower

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I'm 44, and have had a slowly receding hairline since I was 21. I was upset when I was young but it seemed to slow down. I cut my hair short and did not give it too much thought. It was only the front and never the crown. During that time I have used hair vitamins and a caffeine shampoo.

Just in the last year I lost a patch of hair from my hairline and the first time can see just a touch from my crown. This has happened since going through a rough time with a divorce. I'm just getting back on my feet and this feels like a blow again just like when I was 21.

So I have been into The Belgravia Centre, also the Boots hair retention programme and obviously I have seen Regaine in the shops. I was going to go for the Boots service of £50 a month (or so) for Propecia. I was going to do this but typed the side effects into google and really scared myself (as I am about to start dating again)

So I just wondered if anyone had any advice for me on starting out. A friend has recommended a shampoo called Nurtriol. Apologies if posted in wrong area - I just want to ask advice without being sold to - Belgravia Centre seems to be the rolls-royce option, but I found their sales efforts a bit off putting. Thanks in advance.