Recent hair transplant

HLTransplant4863

Reaction score
I am 25 and recently got a hair transplant, 14 days ago to be exact. I received 2,700 units from my donor area FUT and was put on finasteride after words. However within the last two days I have been losing the hair I had before the hair transplant at an alarming rate, at least 100-200 a day, if not more. I'm now at around 50% of the hair I had before the hair transplant. I start a new job at a company that prides itself on the attractiveness of their employees, so you can see why this hair loss is panicking me greatly. I'm just wondering if this loss of the existing hairs is normal, and kind of just what to expect going forward, at this rate I will be completely bald on top by the time I go in for my first day.

- - - Updated - - -

And I forgot to mention I'm strongly considering quitting the finasteride in an attempt to save the little on top I do have, kind of upset, thought hair transplant was supposed to make the problem better not way worse

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
What?

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
AA's (finasteride/dutasteride) cause sheds. Do some research before freaking yourself out. Quit finasteride and your hair falls out permanently. Stay on it, it will likely regrow better than before. Don't let the trials of the present **** up your future.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You may be losing some due to shock loss, they pounded in 2700 grafts and the surrounding hair is not happy about that. Then you add in finasteride which makes some existing hair shed as it is happy to have less DHT in your system and wants to regrow. It takes time to recuperate, 3 to 4 months. That may sound like a long time but in 6 months you should have much more hair on top than when you started and 8 months it should be noticeably thicker.

shookwun

Reaction score
I am 25 and recently got a hair transplant, 14 days ago to be exact. I received 2,700 units from my donor area FUT and was put on finasteride after words. However within the last two days I have been losing the hair I had before the hair transplant at an alarming rate, at least 100-200 a day, if not more. I'm now at around 50% of the hair I had before the hair transplant. I start a new job at a company that prides itself on the attractiveness of their employees, so you can see why this hair loss is panicking me greatly. I'm just wondering if this loss of the existing hairs is normal, and kind of just what to expect going forward, at this rate I will be completely bald on top by the time I go in for my first day.

- - - Updated - - -

And I forgot to mention I'm strongly considering quitting the finasteride in an attempt to save the little on top I do have, kind of upset, thought hair transplant was supposed to make the problem better not way worse

it's normal.

Going to look worse before you look better.

Sorry bro but you are going to look like a science experiment for a few months. Lots of redness, followed by shockloss and transplants falling out.

At around two months things will start to get a little better.

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score