Recent removal of some Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Administrator

Hi all -

Just wanted to update you on some modifications that went into place today regarding participation of Surgeon Representatives here on the forums. A few members such as:

The B Spot
Spex
Gillenator
Damien, and
Falceros

... were discontinued here today. They didn't do anything wrong. It was just brought to my attention (accurately) that we are not enforcing our forum rules by allowing even unpaid volunteers who represent clinics to post here. They are right, and I needed to take steps to ensure that our forums remain consumer-only, even if the clinic advocates are consumers. Its important to note that some of these guys were here with our permission, so this is not a negative thing. A couple of them just showed up without asking however. Our forums have had a longstanding rule that people who represent or are tied in any way to transplant surgeon practices are not really supposed to be participating here, as they introduce bias to the consideration process. Every one of these guys did contribute positively to the forums. The Surgeons they represent are also outstanding at what they do. Unfortunately their presence here qualifies as advertising, and as such, we need to be consistent, because we do not allow other representatives of other companies to post here either. Paid or volunteer.

To the guys - we've appreciated all your participation on our forums over the last several months / years. Unfortunately at this time we have made our posting policies a little more strict regarding participation of members who are associated with products and services. For the last 8 years we’ve had a very strict policy in fact, which hasn’t been enforced properly, and it was brought to my attention this past week. I realized my disconnect, and my inconsistencies. Please understand that our forums really are a no-advertising zone, and this means that any representation by any Doctor (or his employee or even an enthusiastic and very organized “volunteerâ€￾) on the forums needs to go through the proper channels, as it qualifies as advertising. Some of you went through the proper channels and we appreciated that very much.

While I realize we currently offer no advertising space on our Forums, this should at least alleviate any concerns that this decision is financially motivated. So please do not take this as an act of aggression or animosity. However at this time, we need to disable the accounts which we’ve realized are clearly representing physicians on the forums for now. Thanks for your understanding.

And by the way - many apologies for not contacting you ahead of time. Cassin had a really big brain fart :woot:

Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.