recommendation needed.

shin87

Reaction score
HI,im from sydney,im 22 and im thinking of getting a hair transplantation surgery,is there any good doctor in Australia? been using proscar pills(finasteride) and rogaine tonic for almost 5 years and there is no improvement at all, think im now NW3, diffuse thinning(pretty bad), hair line and temples are creeping back :( im too young for this,please help me

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Get a hair transplant asap if treatments do not work. Losing your youth years because of baldness sucks.

shin87

Reaction score
hair transplant= hair transplantation?
yea man, i had to keep my hair very very short for the last few years

s.a.f

Reaction score
Firstly you say propecia gave you no improvement, well maybe without it you could be a NW6 by now.
But as far as the hair transplant goes you should be prepared to travel, I dont know of any top surgeons in Australia so be careful.
The best advice is to stay on this section and read....read and read some more.

JJ09

Reaction score
You're too young in my opinion.

I've had many procedures performed in Australia and never been satisfied with the outcome.

s.a.f

Reaction score
^
Could have a point there. A NW3 at 22 even after 5 yrs on propecia?

Looks to me like you could be headed for NW6/7 if so having a hair transplant could be a huge mistake.

Hiker

Established Member
Reaction score
Two of the top FUE surgeons in the world are in Sydney, Dr. Angela Campbell and Ray Woods.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Never heard of Angela Campbell, certainly not one of the big respected names.

Hiker

Established Member
Reaction score
Angela Campbell is Ray Woods' sister and has been practicing FUE longer than every doctor in the field, except her brother. She never posts on the boards and doesn't get publicity like the other doctors, but she is more experienced and skilled in FUE.l

cowells42

Reaction score
All i can input if it helps is to get in touch with Dr.Damkerng Pathomvanich in Bangkok and send him your photos.Hes honest and wont tell you any crap and if you do decide to go with him you will be very happy with the end result as hes up there with the best in the world and Bangkok is a good place to recover for a week after till the stitches come out and youll have no pain travelling home.
GOOD LUCK