Red Bumps in Recipient Area after Scab-Shedding

dd11856

Established Member
Reaction score
I have some red "bumps" in areas where my scabs were more stubborn to shed. I am on day-nine post-op. None of these places have open sores. They are very tiny bumps. I was very careful not to pick or scratch at the scabs and have not picked or scratched since the recipient area has become free of scabs. Is this normal?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Maybe these are grafts where the follicles are placed very slightly too high, ie: not implanted deeply enough, they should still grow, just leave them and dont pick.

dd11856

Established Member
Reaction score
Definitely not picking/scratching at them. My greatest paranoia prior to the surgery was having some kind of scalp infection. Thats why I'm kind of concerned about those. I feel like most likely it just where the scabs there were more deeply embedded and possibly irritated the skin when they came off. I return to the Doctors office on Wednesday to have them check my suture line and I will have them check these out if they are still an issue at that point.

I am still using my Copper Peptide spray to help everything heal as well.

bighurt

Reaction score
dd,

i think your doctor will allay a lot of your concerns when you see him this week. also, you should check out posts w/ post-op pics from this site or hairlosshelp.com. i think you'll find that your progress looks pretty much the same as everyone elses.

G

dd,

If you are nine days post-op, and have been using Graftcyte, you must be completely healed on the epidermis, and the stubborn crusts confirm this. The tiny red bumps at this point in time are probably nothing more than small pimples that surfaced due to the remaining crusts.

Test a few of them for yourself. Rub a few off and if there is no surface bleeding, get more agressive in the shower and start removing them. Remember, the crusts are composed of dead tissue above the scalp line from the tip of the grafts. They can be stubborn when they dry out. You may also notice that the stubbles of hair within the grafts will typically come out with the crusts. If you have any natural hair in the recipient area, that may start to fall out related to shockloss. I am only telling you this so you won't be shocked if/when it happens.

Also, Graftcyte is only necessary for the first three days post-op. No need for it at this point post-op. Best wishes to you.

dd11856

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to update this. After a few more days post scab shedding, these red bumps more or less went away. Scalp is still itchy in some of those areas however.

dd11856

Established Member
Reaction score
More update. I am beginning to get a few in-grown hairs now. Had one the other day and two more today.