Redmotorstone's Story - ( 37 / HELP please!!!)

redmotorstone

Reaction score
Hi - a newbie here so please be gentle!

I'm 37 and been losing my hair steadily from 22 ish, always had a high forehead and the standard M shape from birth. I would guess (Keep my hair shaved) that I'm a Norwood 4/5.

Shaved my head 10 years or so and have recently, 2 years ago, had cosmetic tattoo up top that I must say makes things look a whole bunch better than before. But, the old boredom factor has stepped in and I want to give this one big push.

I've just started;

minoxidil - 15% 1mg twice daily (Been on a month already)
finasteride - 1mg per day (4 days in)
Biotin - twice a day (Month in)
nizoral 2% 3 times a week (1 wash)

So yes, the BIG 3 are there and a bit of Biotin (Heard it's good for hair) for good measure.

Now, I don't usually let my hair grow past 2 days before shaving, but did so a holiday last week. Now Im sure I could see a few strands in the temple area where they weren't before (In front of the tattooed hairline) and her indoors said (To my joy!) I'm sure I can see an improvment in the crown and she was right up close inspecting. And when rubbing my fingers over the top, I can definatley feel spikey hair all over.

A couple of questions that are troubling me.

1. I know I have read a fair few success stories on here and some good ones from the older guys, but should I really be seeing and feeling results at this early stage?

2. I have read too many success stories with people using minoxidil foam and not the solution. What is best? As minoxidil is the only successfull regrowth topical I chose the 15% for maximum effect but the foam is only available in 5% - should I combine the 2?

3. finasteride or dutasteride - Yea I know, the age old question, but I can't find an answer and would perfer to start out on the right foot.

4. Any thoughts on Biotin? Pissing in the wind?

5. Old guys - please give me hope!

Thanks in advance folks.