redness post hair transplant

shookwun

Reaction score
Bunch of bull**** it healing after about a month or two.

As a Caucasian male it will most likely take close to sex months before it fully dissipates.

Second transplant going in, and I thought under incandescent light it looked rather well as the softer lights help camouflage the contrast difference. Even while conditionally used to this sort of lighting it's still very evident. Hit me hard today when I went to the bathroom with full blown studio lights, and florescent over heads. It was bright pink, and had horrible contrast. hairline looking see through was just another boot to top off the reality check.

Any else have the problem of having lot's of hair, but they are thin quality. hairline always looks see through, even at the forelock. let's not get started with transplanted hair.

the future definitely has a partial hair piece for me in stock. Albeit my crown, and mid scalp is thick... the hairline density sucks!

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
Bunch of bull**** it healing after about a month or two.

As a Caucasian male it will most likely take close to sex months before it fully dissipates.

Second transplant going in, and I thought under incandescent light it looked rather well as the softer lights help camouflage the contrast difference. Even while conditionally used to this sort of lighting it's still very evident. Hit me hard today when I went to the bathroom with full blown studio lights, and florescent over heads. It was bright pink, and had horrible contrast. hairline looking see through was just another boot to top off the reality check.

Any else have the problem of having lot's of hair, but they are thin quality. hairline always looks see through, even at the forelock. let's not get started with transplanted hair.

the future definitely has a partial hair piece for me in stock. Albeit my crown, and mid scalp is thick... the hairline density sucks!

Hi man,bad hair day? Cmon man, you are like Norwood 1,5 and always so confident about yourself. I cant recognize you. You can have much another hair transplant to thicken your hairline. As hairloss sufferer I think nobody could wish have better hair than you do.

Regarding the redness-yeah Im 4,5 months after hair transplant and my skin is pink and gross as f. Direct artificial lights are worst.

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, hair transplant doctors lie and say the redness will dissipate 10 to 14 days. It usually takes 6 months and could be up to a year. This stuff about going back to work in a few days and no one noticing is BS. I read one guy told people it was sunburn and he thought he got away with it. 5 months later when he still had it they were probably laughing at him.

shookwun

Reaction score
That's a good laugh n a half. the worst part is, we become conditioned by certain mirrors and lighting that we don't see the gravity of how bad it actually is.

Approaches such as dermatch could potentially help camouflage the contrast. Aside from that, the redness, and disfigurement look is unavoidable.

Most people don't start looking normal, and presentable until 2-3 months post operation when the native hair has a chance to start growing back.