Redo1's Story - (I need some input please)

Redo1

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Peter Vera and I am a new member to this forum. I am 23 years old and a couple weeks ago I've discovered this bald spot right in the center top of my head. There is no baldness on either side of my family however, I have been going through some stress lately. I plan on seeing a dermatologist but would like to have some input on this board as well. I've attached two pics, can anyone tell me what this is, what I should do, and most importantly, if it will grow back? Any help will be great, thank you so much in advance.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Peter

NINJAX

Reaction score
hey redo1..

looks like ur suffering for stress alopecia? but looking at the surrounding grass u have..it looks like its thinning too...u could review ur genetic family tree to see who else has the male pattern baldness gene.. it jumps from a generation...

and i noticed that u could have oily skin? or is that the light?
i have a few topics u could read that i just made...

if u dicover u have the gene u could start early with topical minoxidil..

but it its really in ur genes start on the big2

depending on ur goal really

have u noticed this recently? male pattern baldness is like that u notice it when theres a patch already gone... but it has started way long before...

i could share u with my regimen...cause im an male pattern baldness having moderate success

SunOfABeach

Reaction score
Looks much like alopecia areata to me.

If it were male pattern baldness, you would see some miniaturised hair on that bald spot, not just bare skin.

Redo1

Reaction score
I've ask my parents and other relatives. Non of them said there was male pattern baldness running in the family on either side. I've noticed this only within the past month. I'll be making an appointment with my derm soon, and I hope it is alopecia, that way it has a chance to grow back. Thank you for your help guys. Also, the sides may look like its thinning because I was parting my hair with a good amount of pressure from both sides when I took the photo.

joshua88

Established Member
Reaction score
Could be one of three things:

- Alopecia areata

- Traction alopecia

- Female pattern baldness (Yes, it occurs in some men.)

Assuming this is the only area you have that is thinning, I would venture to say it's alopecia areata. Traction alopecia is also possible. Has your hair been pulled by a hat, cap, bandana, etc?
Less likely in my opinion, but also possible, is the FPB.

If it's FPB, being a type of androgenetic alopecia, then no, your hair won't grow back.

If it's traction alopecia or alopecia areata, then there is a chance it will grow back.