Redrob's Story - (36)

redrob

Reaction score
About me:
Age 36. Suffered with severe acne all through teens and early twenties, still have to treat it even now. Diagnosed with seborreic dermatitis and psoriasis at age 20. Caused me quite severe depression as it all destroyed my self-esteem. First became aware of hairloss in April 1999. Been fighting depression again ever since that! Posted a few questions on alt.hairloss back in 2001.

Treatments:
Went on monoxodil 5% almost immediately in 1999 and Nizoral 2% shortly after that. I was too scared to take finasteride at first but I did use quatered proscar for about 1 year in 2004. I stopped the finasteride as I was worried about side effects and it didnt seem to be doing much. I also worried that i wasn't getting what I ordered if you see what I mean from an online pharmacy. I stopped using minoxodil in 2006 as I was going through a psoriasis flare up and thought I would try to be brave and just 'deal with it'. Well I can't. I did continue to use 2% Nizoral as it helps my scalp conditions anyway.

Currently (July 2009) about a Norwood 3.

Reason I'm Here:
I'm going to try again to halt/reverse my hair loss one more time before going for what I suspect will be a crew cut type haircut.
I'm here I guess for advice and also support. Although I wouldn't wish it on anyone, I am glad there are others out there who are looking to fight it until we can all benefit from some truely effective treatments.

21/08/2009 - Started Propecia.