Redunculous's Story

redunculous

Reaction score
Definitely a hard post to write, I guess its like an official acceptance that I'm losing my hair and I need to do something about it rather than constantly thinking it will get better by itself... Denial is a horrible thing when you look in the mirror and see it with your own eyes but still you can't accept it.

My apologies for being rude - I'm Guy, I'm 29 and have been losing my hair for the last 4-5 years (maybe even longer). If I hadn't been such an idiot back then and just accepted that I was, maybe I could have started some meds to help combat it but I didn't I just covered it up with toppik.

I would like to thank everyone on this forum thats opened up and discussed the issue we all share, its taken me a damn long time to even get this far and popping on here every now and then knowing I'm not alone has made it alot easier.

I am going to grab some photos later and get it all out there (I'd be very grateful if people can tell me what I should be expecting transplant wise - numbers, cost etc - naturally a rough estimate), I am aiming at having a FUE procedure done in the next 3 months after quietly reading and digesting all the information here. I sometimes worry I'm diving into it but then I look at my showing scalp and realise that its better to be pro-active then sat here wanting to shed tears, getting angry and feeling sorry for myself.

So again, thankyou to all the people that have braved these forums and opened up to share their stories and pics. You've made it easier for people like me to finally come to terms with something they should have faced years ago, and more importantly you've made us feel that we're not alone.

Guy

jimjams

Reaction score
Re: Firstly, thankyou to all the people here second, Hi from me!

Hi Guy,

The sooner you can get some pics up the sooner people can try to help you. Agreed, baldness is a cruel thing and for some can be a very hard thing to come to terms with. For about 12 months I was a mess, just realising that I would someday be bald. Anyway, fingers crossed medicine in this area picks up and we eventually have a full cure.

However, before you start thinking transplant, my first recommendation would be 'the big 3'. Propecia (1mg daily), Minoxidil foam for all over scalp and Nizoral for shampooing, but only shampoo using that 3 times a week, in between use loreal thickening shampoo. It could possibly also help taking some vitamins.

I would say you need to do the above for 12 months, after that time if you have not achieved what you wanted, then look into the transplant. Some, not all but certainly a good volume of people on here have had some amazing results and they were also contemplating translplants before.

In the meantime, keep your chin up, get your hair cut really short, get on the meds and forget about it for the next 12 months. Because you must remember, stress will cause further hairloss. The body treats your hair as a perk, if the rest of the body is a mess your hair will be forgotten about. :)

Keep us posted, get your first pics up so we have something to compare to over the next 12 months.

Over to anyone else who wants to comment.

Cheers

GeminiX

Reaction score
Re: Firstly, thankyou to all the people here second, Hi from me!

Hi Guy,

Looking forward to the photos.

Keep your chin up and don't despair, hairloss is either something you can treat, or it's something you have to accept. Getting stressed about it is wasted energy, though it sounds like you've already figured all that out, so you're off to a great start :)

Danielle

redunculous

Reaction score
thanks both for the replies its appreciated

definitely over the feeling sorry for myself, time to sort it

Once I get 5 mins (over in iraq right now) I will get some pics and post them

I ordered finasteride off the link for these forums the other day and also have some rogaine turning up - i guess I'm on the right track

I agree with what your saying jimjams and the above is my next move to combat this, thankyou very much for the info, sometimes on here its hard to read everyones post when people say different things, let alone the fact that there is soooo much information to take on board. I will have a google for a company that sends it to APO addresses with regards to the shampoo and get that out here.

Got to start the regime and I'm definitely committed.

Any suggestions on vitamins?

Thanks again to both of you :)

jimjams

Reaction score
Hey Guy,

Any updates on those pictures? Would be good if you could get a baseline picture up so we can track your progress? :)

Cheers

Andy

redunculous

Reaction score
OK its been a while - Iraqs pretty full on plus its been difficult to take a pic and post it I guess

[attachment=3:2aodpzt6]hair1.jpg[/attachment:2aodpzt6]

[attachment=2:2aodpzt6]hair2.jpg[/attachment:2aodpzt6]

[attachment=1:2aodpzt6]hair3.jpg[/attachment:2aodpzt6]

[attachment=0:2aodpzt6]hair4.jpg[/attachment:2aodpzt6]

Let me know your thoughts

I've started finasteride and I put on Rogaine twice a day

Attachments

• hair1.jpg
    hair1.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 185
  • hair2.jpg
    hair2.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 184
  • hair3.jpg
    hair3.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 159
  • hair4.jpg
    hair4.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 181

jimjams

Reaction score
hey mate,

Any news on this? Any updated pics? It is coming up to your 12 months now, so would be good to see how you got on.

FC 

Reaction score
Why does everyone recommend Nizoral shampoo? The sh*t is hard on the scalp and leaves hair completely lifeless. It's not the only ketoconazole shampoo out there.

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
FC  said:
Why does everyone recommend Nizoral shampoo? The sh*t is hard on the scalp and leaves hair completely lifeless. It's not the only ketoconazole shampoo out there.
care to explain? why is nizoral worse than other ket shampoos? and what ones would you recommend?
i kinda figured nizoral got recommended cause it was easy to get ahold of instead of people having to remember the name of the specific chemical they wanted in their shampoo.

FC 

Reaction score
kthxbi said:
FC  said:
care to explain? why is nizoral worse than other ket shampoos? and what ones would you recommend?
i kinda figured nizoral got recommended cause it was easy to get ahold of instead of people having to remember the name of the specific chemical they wanted in their shampoo.

i've only tried dr. lee's ket shampoo and revita. revita i like, but regenepure dr looks good also. Both have emu oil and don't contain SLS. With Regenepure I just wonder why they use vitamin C as it's said to oxidize easily.

redunculous

Reaction score
Well

I finally had the op - going to post pics in the transplant forum

I will have to have 1 - 2 more but I'm hopeful for the first one, just over 4000 grafts with Rahal

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...129-Grafts-(8893-Hairs)?p=1134221#post1134221