Regenepure DR Shampoo Usage?

MrDepressed

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This Regenepure DR Shampoo, a ketoconazole 1%, the usage of this states only by leaving on scalp for 3-5 minutes and then rinse throughly.

The thing is I always prefer doing two washes with any shampoos to make it more lather (Knowing this DR shampoo doesn't lather that much in first application)

However, I have been wondering, what do you guys think it's not going to do anything bad for hair or scalp if I do two application right?
Here's what I do: First I apply on hair and scalp, and then rinse throughly. After that I re-apply on hair and scalp, massaging for 2-3 mins, and leaving in for another 2 minutes before rising throughly again.

Would it be ok if I do that? Let me know if its good or not, not wanting to damage the scalp if I do so, since it contains ketoconazole, thank you.

MrDepressed

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone? I know this might be little stupid question but just want to make sure if its a right thing to do, I appreciate any helps thanks

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I remember hearing one of the benefits of this shampoo is that it has the foaming chemical removed. This chemical (sodium lauryl sulfate) actually isn't that good for you as it causes inflammation. Regenepure contains aloe instead and isn't meant to foam up, so I wouldn't bother applying it twice. Just the once should be fine.

MrDepressed

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I remember hearing one of the benefits of this shampoo is that it has the foaming chemical removed. This chemical (sodium lauryl sulfate) actually isn't that good for you as it causes inflammation. Regenepure contains aloe instead and isn't meant to foam up, so I wouldn't bother applying it twice. Just the once should be fine.
Thank, I noticed that :)
Do you think Regenepure DR can help fight male pattern baldness even though I don't have any dandruff problems?

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think Regenepure DR can help fight male pattern baldness even though I don't have any dandruff problems?

Hi MrDepressed, :)

I use Regenepure DR daily and I think it's a neat product. When I use the shampoo, I do use two applications. On the first one, I'll wash my hair for a minute, and rinse. Then I apply the second time, wash for a minute, then leave in for approximately five minutes, and rinse. That's how I use my daily Ketoconazole! :D

The anti-fungal medication does help fight Male Pattern Baldness, though the treatment itself is very mild. Don't expect a whole lot from it.

MrDepressed

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi MrDepressed, :)

I use Regenepure DR daily and I think it's a neat product. When I use the shampoo, I do use two applications. On the first one, I'll wash my hair for a minute, and rinse. Then I apply the second time, wash for a minute, then leave in for approximately five minutes, and rinse. That's how I use my daily Ketoconazole! :D

The anti-fungal medication does help fight Male Pattern Baldness, though the treatment itself is very mild. Don't expect a whole lot from it.

Hmm your sure about that right? I asked pharmacists and they said that ketoconazole shampoo only helps against dandruff and does nothing against male pattern baldness unless I have fungal infection. So which then got me confused not knowing who or what to rely on
Otherwise that I know its preferable to add minoxidil and/or Fina to the regimen

Thanks anyway :D

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm your sure about that right? I asked pharmacists and they said that ketoconazole shampoo only helps against dandruff and does nothing against male pattern baldness unless I have fungal infection. So which then got me confused not knowing who or what to rely on
Otherwise that I know its preferable to add minoxidil and/or Fina to the regimen

Thanks anyway :D

Ketoconazole is only approved to treat fungus, which also helps treat dandruff. Yes, it helps fight hair loss, but it isn't approved for that hence why the pharmacists said it only helps against dandruff. Ketoconazole is part of the 'Big 3' being the mildest treatment. Finasteride and Minoxidil are much, much more powerful at treating baldness and those two things should be prioritized.