Regimen is Maintaining- Drop Xandrox 12.5% for spironolactone 5%?

Reaction score
Hey everyone

Well, It has to be said, This old hairloss thing is a rollercoaster, but, it needend be, if you take Photos!!

I let my hair grow longer than usual over the past few months, and its funny how you start to expect more of your hair sometimes that at the start. The longer i let it grow, the worse it 'appears' to be, but since a haircut yesterday, im utterly PLEASED with how it is. I am maintaining, and comparing to photos taken in March, yes, things are holding firm.

Shedding does happen, and it can make you think it will never come back, but it does. . .

So, as of today, i am the same as i was this time last year i even think. Fact is, in my effort to fight this further, i ordered spironolactone 5% , which, i could use, and have been for the past few days, but, if my previous regimne is working, im thinking i should probably stick with that right?

The thing that makes me wonna try spironolactone, is i have alot of vellus hair along the hairline and temples that, if make thicker, would make me a SOLID NW2, that, have, uptil now refused to get any thicker, even though, all the rest are semi-terminal to terminal. So, its 'holding', but, the idea that i could make up even more ground is tempting.

I gave up 12.5% from Start of April till end of July and didnt seem to loose ground, but carried on with Xandrox 5% x2/day and propecia everyday + nizoral every few. This makes me think it wouldnt do anyharm experimenting with spironolactone.

Bottom line is, have i been wasting my time with 12.5% up till now, and i should just try out spironolactone 5% for a few months?

cheers

J

CCS

Reaction score
if you drop a minoxidil product, you will lose any hair you regrew with the minoxidil. But the spironolactone will slow your balding, whereas the minoxidil product did not.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You probably didn't lsoe ground because it probably doesn't matter if the minoxidil is 5% or 15%.

Why are you thinking one or the other? Are you worried about the smell when they react?

CCS

Reaction score
I think 5% will maintain what the 15% gained. I'm just saying you loose ground if you drop minoxidil products all together. But if you add the minoxidil later, you can get back what you lost. You just have to wait 3+ months again.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think you should stay on a minoxidil vehicle whether 5% foam, xandox or just 5% and then add spironolactone a few minutes after the minoxidil at night before bed. This way you wont lose any more hair. Dont worry about the harsh smell with the spironolactone. That only occurs if you combine them together which you are not in this case.