regrow with min. - keep with Propecia.?

Hipshaker

Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm new here. First post 'n' all (though I have been lurking for a few months now)

Well, just like everyone else here (i take it ;) ) I'm starting to lose my hair. It's not all gone, but in "bad" light, my scalp is showing. I know that now is the time to start!!

I've decided to go for a one year trial with proscar to see how it works out, and will (hopefully) get my prescription nex month.

What I am wondering though, is this: If I combine the Proscar with minoxidil, and the minoxidil regrows some hair, is it then possible to stop using minoxidil and keep the minoxidil-grown hair with Proscar? I guess that's as simple as I can put it.

Furthermore, I'd like to show you all my progress with pictures - does anybody know of a site, where I could post these, or make them available for you to see?

Sincerely,

Christian

Rsx

Reaction score
The hairs regrow by the Min are keep by the Min.
The hairs regrow by the Propeica are keep by the Propecia.

Thanks

G

Hipshaker said:
I've decided to go for a one year trial with proscar to see how it works out, and will (hopefully) get my prescription nex month.

good!, welcome to hair hell.

Hipshaker said:
What I am wondering though, is this: If I combine the Proscar with minoxidil, and the minoxidil regrows some hair, is it then possible to stop using minoxidil and keep the minoxidil-grown hair with Proscar?

No

Hipshaker said:
Furthermore, I'd like to show you all my progress with pictures - does anybody know of a site, where I could post these, or make them available for you to see?

http://www.imageshack.us/

Wanker

Reaction score
Accordind the doctor who invented revivogen, minoxidil hairs can be kept with a dht inhibitor (revivogen) if they are overlaped for several months and minoxidil is tapered. Doesn't mean its true though... :roll:

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to point this out but Rsx is right. When using Propecia(finasteride) or Rogaine(minoxidil) what ever hair growth you did with one of the product, the hair you grew from it will go away when stop using the drug even though you start using a different drug that is proven to work will not save the hair you gain from the other drug. The only way to save it is to stay on the drug that regrew the hair. It's up to you if you want to keep using it but if your worry then stay on minoxidil and get on propecia. A lot of people do that.

Hipshaker

Reaction score
Well, thanks a lot for your replies :D

I had a sneaking suspicion that this couldn't be done. Seems to me (from reading posts here) that a lot of people combine products. Now, that's also expensive :(

As I see it, besides from (if I decide to that is) using two products, a good idea would also be to use special shampoos. All in all I'm beginning to think this will cost me an arm and a leg.

I've checked the minoxidil price, and that's about £25 a month here (with a very small discount when buying a 3-month supply)

Basically, my plan is to use some products for as long as it takes until another, and better (more permanent), solution is out there. I cannot imagine myself doing this for the rest of my life.

And thanks for the image-link :)

Regards,

Christian

G

Hipshaker said:
Seems to me (from reading posts here) that a lot of people combine products. Now, that's also expensive :(

It will cost you around £30 for a 28 Pack of Merck Brand Proscar, at 1mg a day that's 140 doses or just under 5 months worth, Which works out at around 20p a day.

Remember these pills are 5mg and as you only need to take 1mg a day you will need to chop each pill into 5 parts.

(try http://www.QHI.co.uk)

Nizoral cost around £5.50 for a 60ml bottle or £7.99 for a 100ml bottle that should last you a few months, Boots do their own ketoconazole shampoo (same active ingredient as Nizoral but at 1% instead of Nizorals 2%) which is even cheaper at £3.99 for 100ml.

Generic Regaine (Minoxidil) is very much cheaper online.

A multimodal approach to hair loss will really give you some hope of regrowth over just propecia or minoxidil alone.

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wanker said:
Accordind the doctor who invented revivogen, minoxidil hairs can be kept with a dht inhibitor (revivogen) if they are overlaped for several months and minoxidil is tapered. Doesn't mean its true though... :roll:

Can you show us the URL/Web Link to where the doctor who invented revivogen says so?

Quagmire

Reaction score
You can cheap kirkland minoxidil off http://www.ebay.co.uk if you're in the UK. I think I paid around £30 for a 3 month supply. Excellent value. Apparently its made by the same people who make rogaine. Downside is, kirkland minoxidil takes forever to dry. I can't apply it in the morning because it makes my hair look sh*t and I cant blow dry it or towel dry cuz I fear it will take it off the scalp before its been absorbed.

Wanker

Reaction score
Hey nexus i couldn't find it but i read it at morphollica expert Q&A. I wonder if he changed his mind and removed it...or i very possibly just missed it. If i find it i'll post it .