Regrowth happens all the time, what's REAL regrowth?

Deaner

Reaction score
When I pull back a cross-section of my hair so I can see all the roots and everything, some 1-1.5 inch hairs stand straight up and stray from the rest of my 5-6 inch hair, and it all looks pretty healthy. For every little "part" of my hair there's about 25-50 of these stray 1 inch hairs standing up. But isn't this sorta hair always growing for everybody, since hair has to naturally regrow regardless of whether you have male pattern baldness and you're on treatments, or you've never had male pattern baldness in your life. Should I take this as a positive sign, or should I just accept it as the regular cycle of hair, regardless of my regimen?

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
Couldn't those possible be new haris that were regrown....but don't have the ability to grow as long as 6 inches? Many say that their hair can't grow that long after it has grown back by treatments

Deaner

Reaction score
oh really? so regrown hair may never have the same life-cycle as a still living hair, ever? even after many many cycles of regrowing stronger and stronger?

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i have the same thing going on deaner. my guess is it will take a couple cycles of DHT free environment to get full grown.

pbz

Established Member
Reaction score
Deaner said:
oh really? so regrown hair may never have the same life-cycle as a still living hair, ever? even after many many cycles of regrowing stronger and stronger?

I think it's more common that they do not become as long as they would have been if they never would have been "dying" to start with.

But then again - even hair that is under a heavy DHT-attack may grow long. My individual hairs are quite thin, but only months ago my hair was shoulder-length, and still growing; so I really don't think you'll know before your hair has went through "many many" cycles.

A guess may be that the hair regrown by Finasteride may be able to grow like it should again, whilst the hair regrown by Minoxidil maybe will have more problems with that. I really don't know. Keep us updated. :p