Regrowth on 2% rogaine

Cowboy

Reaction score
I've been using rogaine regular strength for almost 3 months now. I've noticed some shedding, but recently (last week or two) that there have been some regrowth in the front of the hairline. That's great, I'm pleased with that, but I am not seeing any regrowth (as far as I can see) in the mid scalp or altogether on the top of my head. Can I expect to see the rest of my head catch up with the front around the 4 month mark?

I like using the 2% because it doesn't flake up my scalp like I was expecting and it's seemed to be working for me. When I start seeing the results I want, I am considering moving up to 5% and using it only once a day (before I go to bed). How do you think this may work?

oni

Reaction score
I think you should get on the 5% and use it twice a day and try adding Nizoral 2% to control the itch and have you thought about using finasteride.

Cowboy

Reaction score
You see my problem is, I can't find 5% rogaine or any brand for that matter in my local drug stores. I suppose I could order it online, but I am afraid if the package is in the mail for more than a couple of hours it would freeze or destroy, especially being shipped to this cold climate in Canada.

finasteride, I'm not ready for that just yet.

outgrowth

Established Member
Reaction score
not ready??? when will you be ready? when you lose all your hair?? finasteride is the best thing man!!! dont be afraid.. its side effects are minimal.. at least me, and many ppl here never had side effects with it.. the others who have are 99% of the 2% of ppl that have side effects with it :wink: that's my shoot!

Cowboy

Reaction score
shosho said:
not ready??? when will you be ready? when you lose all your hair?? finasteride is the best thing man!!! dont be afraid.. its side effects are minimal.. at least me, and many ppl here never had side effects with it.. the others who have are 99% of the 2% of ppl that have side effects with it :wink: that's my shoot!

What I mean is, I would like to have the hair I lost during the minoxidil shed to come back before I go on finasteride. Right now I don't think I can really "afford" another shed. Do you know what I mean? If I'm not making any progress, than in a few more months I may talk to my doctor about finasteride.

outgrowth

Established Member
Reaction score
I disagree man. finasteride is like the base of a treatment, but it's up to you. I have seen people complaining more about minoxidil sheds than finasteride sheds.