Regrowth or miniturization?

watford242

Reaction score
Hi lads, probably a common question, but I was told by my deem at 17 I had telogen effluvium and that gradually in males it is likely to morph into male pattern baldness, it sort if has, I have as out a norwood 2, 2.5. I have been on finasteride 2.5mg every two days, starting Monday, excluding Sunday. However it hasn't stopped the shedding which supports her thoughts that my hair fall is caused by something else, (Telogen Effluvium) inhavenliads and loads of little sprouts on my scalp some about 2 cm that look thick some shorter that look thinner, how do ni determine if its regrowth from Telogen Effluvium or miniturization, it's easy to assume either, as early anagen hairs must start of thin? Cheers!

strictly

Reaction score
would love an answer to this too as i have been told i have a Telogen Effluvium, but 4 months on and im still losing 300 hairs a day, lots of weak looking hairs growing back but nothing that looks usefull...

aj218

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, i'm kinda in the same boat. I was shedding like crazy before propecia and shedding even more after being on it for 2 months. The only way I know I have male pattern baldness is because my hairline has receded a bit.

Anyway, the hairs that regrow may look thin at first but that may happen because new hairs are always tapered, the top is always thinner than the root. I've had hairs that looked liked vellus hairs but as soon as they grew out they were actually thick hairs, the tip was just really thin looking. Just wait a few months and check again.