Regrowth treatments for frontal hair loss

paulpineo

Reaction score
Greetings all:

I've just started to take Proscar (Finasteride) to stop my hair loss, which is accelerating just above my forehead. I ordered some Rogaine, but the package says it is only useful for those losing hair at the top of their head (vertex hair loss). Any regrowth treatements out there that focus on hair loss at the forehead or temples? Thanks.

stevieb

Reaction score
rogaine (minoxidl) is effective for regrowth in the frontal areas as well. due to legality reasons, rogaine cannot state that it works for frontal regrowth because the lab tests only tested rogaine on the vertex but there are so many people on this forum who have experienced frontal regrowth by using minoxidl......good luck!!!

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
STOP! How long have you been taking finasteride? Remember that your hair will most likely get worse before it gets better! You are likely to go through a shed.

Before you answer this question I wouldn't recommend starting minoxidil.

paulpineo

Reaction score
I've only been taking Proscar (Finasteride) about two weeks. I realize there is a shed when you start minoxidil treatment. Is there a way to avoid this. Thanks for taking the time to respond, BTW.

Paul