Regrowth+

mattcole

Reaction score
Any one used this? Seems like just Saw Palmetto and some vitamins - ie. anyone who responds to this would likely respond even better to finasteride.

I can't use finasteride due to horrible and rapid side effects. I am currently using revivogen and just praying it works. I was going to try some beta sisosterol I ordered but I was waiting until the finasteride sides (gyno, lumps, pain) were gone, but the lumps are still there...

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the problem is that inhibiting DHT is going to have bad sides as well as good and i really don't know what to say about SP because i have never come across any research that proves SP to work, how much finasteride did you take before?

TEDDYRUXPIN

Established Member
Reaction score
somone uk said:
the problem is that inhibiting DHT is going to have bad sides as well as good and i really don't know what to say about SP because i have never come across any research that proves SP to work, how much finasteride did you take before?

Saw palmetto is a poor DHT inhibitor. But it does kind of work. Research currently on the herb states that it works more effectively in reducing the prostate [size] and helps urinary tract infection. It actually reduces the size of the prostate by different mechanisms compared to finasteride. It is noted to increase a protein called p53.

Anyway, if you really have bad side effects from propecia, you are rather stuck with trying a mixture of so called rubbish on the market. Just remember, if you don't try it, you don't know.

See a doctor!

Andyman79

Reaction score
I thought that SP was one of best known natural dht blockers? Maybe I need to research more!!!

What would you say would be a good natural DHT blocker for those who don't want to use, or react to, Finasteride or Minoxidil?

Agree see a Doctor or Dermatologist though

first

Established Member
Reaction score
TEDDYRUXPIN said:
Anyway, if you really have bad side effects from propecia, you are rather stuck with trying a mixture of so called rubbish on the market.
There are quite a bit of alternatives that are not systemically absorbed and thus do not give those kind of side effects, such as RU58841 or Fluridil. I wouldn't call any of them rubbish.

Thickster

Reaction score
I'm curious what people think about Chinese herbal formulas. I haven't seen much posting about that.

SP might be worth taking even if effects aren't great just as a tonic for support?

Is there a brand anyone recommends?

There are a few other things I'm wondering about if anyone has experience to share:

Acupuncture.

Some supposed Thai herbal green tonic which you pour on the scalp upside down on something along those lines.

Shen Min; or I think it also has a formula with some number famous in China.

Natural Crown Mineral Solution.

Ayurvedic Herbs.

THANKS,