ReichAndRoll's story - (Receding Hairline, Any Suggestions?)

ReichAndRoll

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wanted an opinion on my current situation... Im 25 now, and for about the past 2 1/2 years i have noticed the gradual thinning and now receding of the hair on my temples. What bothers me more though is that it has hit my right side much harder than my left. In fact my left isn't even that bad. My crown and the top of my head is still in moderately good shape, but my right temple is really being eaten away and i am getting scared. I have had to shave my head with no guard which i havent had to do up until this point. I haven't tried anything yet, but i dont want to wait until it's too late. I don't think i'd make a good candidate for finasteride, considering at this point it's just my temples that are being hit and the rest of my hair is in moderate condition. I have heard that Propecia is not intended to regrow hair at the temples and that's really what i'm trying to focus on now. And what's confused me with rogaine is being that only my right temple is in bad shape, would i only aply to one side? My left is gradually thinning but not as accelerated and advanced as my right. I've been scared that rogaine might make the problem worse (as i have heard mixed results of rogaine being used in the temple regions for regrowth) and more noticeable since it's really on just one side. I have thought about taking a regimen of MGM, Vitamin C, and Toco-8... Would i recieve any benefits from this? I appreciate your input and thanks in advance.

- Drew.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
Drew, Can you post pictures of your temples. That will help. As for finasteride or minoxidil, the results vary. Its not the same for everyone. Both work best if started early on in the hairloss process and you seem to qualify for that.

ReichAndRoll

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply,

And yes, i wanted to post pics being that it's the most clear cut way to give an accurate description of what's going on. But unfortunately i seem to have misplaced my digital cam which i went looking for for this specific reason. I will try to post pics in the near future for better evaluation. I was just wondering if anyone has had success regrowing the temple areas with any of these methods. Any chance of the Toco-8, MSM, or vitamin C doing any good tho or is that a waste of my time / money... ?

PS - Congrats on your recent hair transplant, looking good. :)

- Drew.