Reishi Mushrooms and Holy Basil. W-O-W.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Wow. Are these like the best treatments EVER for hormonal imbalance and keeping healthy?

Off the top of my head they seem to lower testosterone, lower/regulate blood sugar, fight cancer, be anti-inflammatory, reduce cortisol and stress, inhibit 5-alpha reductase (maybe not as much as finasteride or whatever, but still!)... I mean check them out on Wikipedia and places for a full lowdown!

They are just amazing, and I am currently wondering whether to alternate taking them or... take them both at once or... pick one.. I just don't know! :)

But they truly both seem wonderful!

What do you guys think? If you don't know about them - look it up!

I mean ok they aren't tailored for hair loss, but as many theorize that hormonal imbalances don't help, natural treatments like these coupled with a healthy lifestyle and diet could just sort the body out completely!

Apparently Reishi was so highly regarded in China that when it was rare, it was reserved only for royalty!

These things are mad O.O lol

Hoppi :)

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do you really want to lower Testosterone?... :gay:

Don't get too hyped over these things, after endlessly researching supplements and having them seem amazing on paper they tend to let you down. Try and find a few testimonials on forums. Having pictures to back up their success as well.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Good Post Hoppi, I'll elaborate later.

Mushrooms and Basil are both great take consume for male pattern baldness sufferers.

Hoppi

Reaction score
decro435 said:
Do you really want to lower Testosterone?... :gay:

Well, sorry, "lower" isn't the right word. Herbs like HB are adaptogens, they lift hormones if needed and lower them if needed. So they are perfect for things like male pattern baldness that are made worse by high levels of free testosterone. Lignans are precisely the same (poooossibly better, I'm not sure, but ofc this is to help me with stress/anxiety too :) )

As a warning, it's not recommended to take Reishi or Holy Basil with Flax or Chia seed, as it may cause problems with thinning blood (RM/HB) and bleeding (Flax/Chia).

I'm not saying any of these things will cure male pattern baldness (although people have reported success with Flax), I'm saying that they help to reinforce a regimen and keep your body better... balanced :)

Peace! ^_^

Hoppi

Reaction score
Hmm there's something I missed.

Both of these increase insulin. That's bad, according to what I've been finding out recently.

However, they DO decrease insulin resistance. Which is good.

So.

The jury's out, basically... lol :)

I'd love to hear more opinions on this if anybody knows!

Cheers!

Hoppi!