Remove Minoxidil Unwanted Hair After Using Too Much

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey guys, so ive been on minoxidil for almost 6 month now . AND , ive got a lot of unwanted body hair on my arms, hand and chest , almost everywhere on my body .

I'm a hairless guys normaly , and with minoxiil all my vellu hair on my body turns long ,dark and thick .

forst the past 5 month i used way to much minoxidil, like 3 ml a day , so i would like to know , that if i reduce the dose to 1 ml a day, will the unwanted hair reduce ? thanks all .

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
bump, plz bro can you help me with this problem , i don't want to pay a medical practicioner to answer this question , because they know nothing .

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil works differently from person to person. If you stop taking it you will certainly go back to normal, although for body/bear hair it can take longer, maybe a year. If you reduce your dose you will likely go back somewhat depending on how much you reduce it by.

Minoxidil absorbs into your bloodstream and this is why body hair grows. Using less will mean less gets absorbed into your blood stream but hopefully almost the same amount will be go to your hair where you apply it. So I recommend reducing to 1ml a day, give it a few months, see where to go from there.

Personally I'd much rather have a head of hair and some extra body hairs that I can easily shave.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks man , so if i use the normal amount of 1 ml twice daily i will come back to baseline body hair and hand .?

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone is different. I can't know, even your doctor won't know. It's likely it will reduce at any rate. And my guess is that it will reduce significantly.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well a lot of people when they go bald, they also grow a lot of body hair because of the DHT... so it might just be that as you are balding, the body hair is growing in a lot (due to the DHT) - and it has nothing to do with the minoxidil. minoxidil in my experience only tends to grow hair where it is placed, i didn't get any growth anywhere else. i don't even use minoxidil any more, only finasteride.
when you stop using min, any hairs that rely on it will fall out anyway