Remy hair vs processed hair:

CCS

Reaction score
Remy hair is hair that still has the cuticle. It is thicker, and so they can make a piece faster with fewer hairs. And it is stronger. Indian hair donated by women is much thicker than the hair on your head, and may be noticeably so. The other problem with having hair with the cuticle on it is the cuticle points opposite directions going down to the knot and back up again, which can lead to tangles.

With processed, acid washed hair, you can sleep with your piece on and not worry about tangles ever. But the hair won't last as long since it is thinner and processed and breaks easier/ oxidizes faster over time.

Synthetic hair may not have the multi-tonal color, and may not feel the same. But it keeps its color much longer.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The best hair to aquire is virgin european hair. Various companies offer this at affordable prices.

CCS

Reaction score
It is the right size, but I'd think it would tangle, too. Female indian hair is thick enough that after the cuticle is eaten off, it is the same size as our hair, and does not tangle. But it must be dyed, and thus fades in the sun much faster than the European hair would.

Grimoire

Reaction score
Virgin European hair is the best because the color you see is the hair's own natural color. It is also stronger and lasts longer than other hair types.

Several companies claim to have European hair at low prices. Beware - this is NOT real European hair. It is usually cheaper hair that has been highly processed to give it a very fine texture like real European hair. This hair is structurally damaged by the processing and will dry out quickly. If anyone claims to be able to sell you a European hairpiece for less than $500, it's not the real deal.

zohahunt

Reaction score
hair extensions clip on off

I have used various kind of hair extension but the most I like is the cold fusion hair extensions which I bought from the Germany.. They are very silky and easily applicable .. Best thing that they didn't burden my pocket.

http://www.linella.dk/