restfull's Story - (started thinning at 16, had hair transplant at 23)

restfull

Reaction score
My hair started thinning when I was about 16. My hairline started receding drastically when I was 17/18...to a Norwood 3v...then I finally found Propecia and Minoxidil on my 19th birthday and have been taking it for about 4 years...about 2 months ago I had my first hair transplant, and I remained very conservative at the advice of my doctor..I only filled in the first 3cm of the two peaks...now I'm waiting for the results...

A few things...first of all I am really really pissed off that it took me so long to find the right medicine...I even went to a dermatologist when I was still a Norwood 2 and his advice was 'don't worry about it'..and I guess then I figured there was nothing to be done...

Secondly...was it right to remain so conservative with the transplant? Apparently I have a very plentiful donor area and I really would have wanted to remove this problem from my life entirely...so how many years do I have to wait now before going back to finish the job? i.e. how long do I have to wait before I can be absolutely sure that the medicine has stopped the recession?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: Long Road

they say you will have to wait til your hair loss stablize before you get your hair transplant.