Resveratrol/Curcumin Combo

ryvert

Reaction score
I've been taking resveratrol 100 mg + curcumin 900 mg everyday for 6 months, and I'm still taking it.
No visible results. Sorry

purecontrol

Established Member
Reaction score
The resveratrol needs to be 200mg best taken with oil and empty stomache, as for curcumin you need bioprene other wise you will absorbe nothing at all.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I heard you needed black pepper to help curcumin's absorption.....I didn't know that your body wouldn't absorb anything at all w/o it. Shoot. Gotta go buy some. What do you mean by oil? What kind of oil? Do you take the res/curcumin combo and did you have any effects on hair? I take this supplement combo: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/...IQR7ALAE4M5NMYTT. Should I just buy some more resveratrol and then just take them together in the morning with oil and black pepper all together? Thanks for the heads up.

Do you have any advice on supplementing gingko bilboa?

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
Curcumin topical is the only way to go. Internal did nothing. I use Vicco's turmeric. GL.

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
ripple-effect said:
Did you not take it with bioprene?

I did not take internal cayenne pepper w/ bioprene. Though, try it out and let us know how it goes. I wasn't even taking it for hair loss, but over 2 months my hair continued to degrade. I use turmeric as a topical... and it absorbs. So no need to worry about bioprene.

Reference:
"Topically, it seems to absorb, at least in the skin cancer tests. The big hang up for using it topically has been the crazy orange color."
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=39928&start=10&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

From the posts so far regarding internal consumption... I haven't seen posts of success. But I don't get to browse too much or often.

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
If you're going to be using resveratrol, I highly suggest the topical formulation of alpha sustain manufactured by primordial performance. The reason I used it was to correct hormonal imbalances that caused me ED after using finasteride and lasted after I quit the drug, it is definitely some legit stuff. Resveratrol is supposed to work a lot better topically because it is absorbed from the skin into the blood stream, it is supposed to be a benefit to bypass the digestive system.

I've been using it for a good amount of months now, every day, and it's really odd because not only did it improve my libido, but I also think it made my hair come in a bit thicker than it used to.

I apply it on my torso, not so sure about applying it on your head. Funny how something that raises testosterone can be good for your hair, this whole marketing scheme of blaming DHT for hair loss makes me sick.

Primordial Performance also makes a vitamin E supplement which is supposed to be clinically proven under the patent for treating hair loss called toco-8, check it out.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Matt, DHT is the main cause of hair loss....this is not a "marketing scheme." The reason why you're hair is growing thicker is because DHT is what causes you to grow body hair. Basically....DHT is actually benefical to body hair, that is why some finasteride users report decrease in body hair. On the other hand, it's not the same case for the hair on the top of your scalp....these hairs are sensitive to DHT and don't respond in the same way as body hair ....that's why when you're young you usually don't have any noticeable body hair....but as you age DHT increases and you grow more body hair, but also lose hair on top of scalp if you're predisposed.

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
On the contrary I believe that DHT decreases as you get older as testosterone decreases as well (this isn't supposed to start happening I think until you're at least 27 though) so I'm a firm believer that aging and oxidation of the skin sensitizes the cell receptors to DHT, I think the same is for prostate tissue.

Also the hair I was talking about which got thicker was on my head, not my body. I've always been someone with not that much body hair.

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score

el_duterino

Reaction score
I am taking oral capsule of Super Bio-Curcumin (400Mg) and Resveratrol (100mg) about 2 to 3 times a day.
Ordererd from Life Extension on the web.
I have been taking this for over a month now, but I dont notice any sides or changes in the hair, maybe the dosage is too small or the time is too short yet. I will keep posting.
Of course I also take dutasteride , so this was to support the war on DHT from a different angle based on the info from this forum. Until ASC-J9 is available.
We will see, at least it seems to have some other health benefits (unlike dutasteride..)
El Duterino

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
Too hard to determine if any product works I think, if you're on a major hair loss staple (like dutasteride). And since most mess with hormones and whatnot, I'm guessing it's not a good 'base' to assess if X or Y works, unless the two are truly unaffected by being used in conjuction. *shrugs* Something I've wondered, because I've seen 'so' many people try things that helped me that had 'no results'. If you give up, please use it topically for a few weeks and post whether or not it's helped (regardless of you being on dutasteride and whatever else). I'm more curious to see how it affects others.

purecontrol

Established Member
Reaction score
el_duterino said:
I am taking oral capsule of Super Bio-Curcumin (400Mg) and Resveratrol (100mg) about 2 to 3 times a day.
I have been taking this for over a month now, but I dont notice any sides or changes in the hair, maybe the dosage is too small or the time is too short yet. I will keep posting.
Of course I also take dutasteride , so this was to support the war on DHT from a different angle based on the info from this forum. Until ASC-J9 is available.
We will see, at least it seems to have some other health benefits (unlike dutasteride..)
El Duterino

The resvertrol you want to only take 200mg day the curcamin you can take up to 2g a day, but and here is the problem a lot of you don't know aobut anti-oxidants.

All anti-oxidants have a feedback, if the levels are A)too high and/or B) the acompaning anti-oxidants that recycle them are lacking............... They become Pro-Oxidants.

So what should you do, use a natural source vitamin E with high Gamma and includes Tocotrienols. Beyond a Centruy offers a product like this.

And from what has been show the vitamine E also acts as a slight AR blocker.

You shoud add in Ginger and Bromelain, those finsih the anti-inflamation cycle.

However expect these treatments to take just as long as say Propecia to show results ie 6-12 months

docj077

Reaction score
purecontrol said:
el_duterino said:
El Duterino

The resvertrol you want to only take 200mg day the curcamin you can take up to 2g a day, but and here is the problem a lot of you don't know aobut anti-oxidants.

All anti-oxidants have a feedback, if the levels are A)too high and/or B) the acompaning anti-oxidants that recycle them are lacking............... They become Pro-Oxidants.

So what should you do, use a natural source vitamin E with high Gamma and includes Tocotrienols. Beyond a Centruy offers a product like this.

However expect these treatments to take just as long as say Propecia to show results ie 6-12 months

I've done this before and results were sketchy at best. I tried it about two years ago for over a year when a few of us were piecing together the hair loss puzzle in terms of fibrosis and ROS and I had minimal results.

Curcumin, bromelain, black tea, healthy diet, and a good multivitamin.

However, you can't high dose vitamin E like you need to. In fact, you can't high dose any of the fat soluble vitamins. Especially, vitamin E. Not unless you want a really fun bleeding disorder. Also, it has been shown to increase mortality and incidence of heart failure in individuals with chronic disease. The later is surprising, because that's basically what most people take it for long term. Plus, you can't take it if you're taking a cholesterol lowering medication like a statin as it blunts the effects of those medications.

If you take vitamin E, up to 1600 IU/D is safe. If you have chronic disease, lower it to under 400 IU/D.

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
docj077 said:
purecontrol said:
el_duterino said:
El Duterino

I've done this before and results were sketchy at best. I tried it about two years ago for over a year when a few of us were piecing together the hair loss puzzle in terms of fibrosis and ROS and I had minimal results.

However, you can't high dose vitamin E like you need to. In fact, you can't high dose any of the fat soluble vitamins. Especially, vitamin E. Not unless you want a really fun bleeding disorder. Also, it has been shown to increase mortality and incidence of heart failure in individuals with chronic disease. The later is surprising, because that's basically what most people take it for long term. Plus, you can't take it if you're taking a cholesterol lowering medication like a statin as it blunts the effects of those medications.

If you take vitamin E, up to 1600 IU/D is safe. If you have chronic disease, lower it to under 400 IU/D.

I think you're mistaken, most vitamin E in supplement form is d-alpha tocopherol I think, and too much of this type is what leads to mortality and other negative sort of things. The reason for this is supposed to be that if you only have one type of vitamin e tocopherol, it actually blocks the absorption of the 7 other types of vitamin E.

Tocotrienols on the other hand, are actually supposed to have cardiovascular benefits and increase longevity.

Don't hold me on this though, I could be proven wrong.

purecontrol

Established Member
Reaction score

However expect these treatments to take just as long as say Propecia to show results ie 6-12 months[/quote]

If you take vitamin E, up to 1600 IU/D is safe. If you have chronic disease, lower it to under 400 IU/D.[/quote]

I think you're mistaken, most vitamin E in supplement form is d-alpha tocopherol I think, and too much of this type is what leads to mortality and other negative sort of things. The reason for this is supposed to be that if you only have one type of vitamin e tocopherol, it actually blocks the absorption of the 7 other types of vitamin E.

Tocotrienols on the other hand, are actually supposed to have cardiovascular benefits and increase longevity.

Don't hold me on this though, I could be proven wrong.[/quote]

Yes you are perfectly correct.

For the post above you need to be careful what you believe, a belief is not fact.

And no one should "mega dose" anything