Retin-A. Just started

kbraves1

Reaction score
I am new to posting on these forums. I have started a regimen that consist of Nizoral 2%, Fincar 1.25%, Minoxidil 5% and Retin A .0125. I am using the Retin-A nightl and topping it off with 5 %. I just started this group the past few weeks. I would like to know if anyone has had any success or problems using the retin-A with the big three? Any information would be greatly appreciated. I am going to be uploading my pics soon. I will be doing the monthly. My hair is good in the back and top. I have a receeding front. I am 38 now and have had a slow loss of hair since I was 20. I have tried gimmicks off and on. I have liked using "Nioxin" shampoo though. I have been using it for about two years. Seems to be good for maintaining..but not much for growing. Look forward to any replies. Sincerely

Petchsky

Reaction score
Never used Retin A, but i hear it helps increase absorption of minoxidil.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Just like Petchsky I'm afraid, never used Retin-A myself but it does apparently aid the absorption of minoxidil.

Anyone out there on this stuff with something constructive to add?

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Retin-A is an exfoliant, which means it sloughs off the top layer of skin cells. It is likely to cause flaking of the scalp, so make sure you're using a good coal tar shampoo on the days you're not using Nizoral.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I used it for a few years mixed with minoxidil.....saw no real difference, but only a very itchy, sometimes huge flakey scalp and the couvre did not go on as well in the morning (had to stop because of this).

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
what is a coal-tar shampoo

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Rock said:
what is a coal-tar shampoo
It is a shampoo that uses coal tar to control scalp inflammation. Examples are T-Gel, Henna and Denorex. Denorex has 2.5% coal tar plus a conditioner, so it is my coal tar shampoo of choice. I use Nizoral 3x a week and a coal tar shampoo 3x a week, another shampoo once a week to control itching and inflammation. Once I have used up my last bottle of Revivogen, I can probably cut back the use of coal tar shampoo to once or twice a week. Coal tar has been used for 50+ years to control skin inflammation of various types.

kbraves1

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback/My regimen

I appreciate the feedback. I have done a little research (Google) on the Retin-A. Most of the information only shows the positive. I am glad to hear some of the con's to the product. I am going to give it a try. I live in the US but have ordered most of my products through Mexico. Safemeds.com I believe. I am really early in starting my treatment this aggressively. I hope to post pictures here soon. I have a January and February Pic's ready to go. My main focus is to get some growth going in the front.

Treatment: Minoxidil 5% Twice a day
Nizoral 2% Three times a week
Nioxin (On days not using Nizoral)
Retin-A .0125 Evenings with Minoxidil
Fincar 1.25% evert day

* I figured up what this regimen is costing me a month..for those interested
$43 a month...averaging in all products.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There is a product that combines Retin-A with 7% minoxidil. If you're going to use both anyway, you might as well use this product, called Minsaw-A.