Revivogen as Propecia Alternative?

tommyt123

Reaction score
hey i got sides from finasteride and was wondering if they have had/ heard of people having success on just revivogen as a viable alternative any help woud be greatly appreciated. (links to threads would be good)

Cob984

Established Member
Reaction score
No dont waste you time, tried for 3 months, was absolutely pointless and lost ground

Sparky4444

Reaction score
yeah...absolutely...I tried it for quite a while and it's useless...and it's messy, oily and wreaks to high heaven...don't waste your time

tommyt123

Reaction score
how about spironolactone is there a very high success rate? i heard saw palmeto is another option, but sides are a possibility as well any one had no sides on saw palmetto after getting sides from finasteride with results?

- - - Updated - - -

cob984 how agressive was your hairloss when you were using revivogen

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For the record - trying a treatment for 3 months and deciding it doesn't work is clearly insufficient time. Revivogen is an antiandrogen. As is Propecia. Which can take upwards of 11+ months to begin working. And "working" can mean nothing more than stopping further hair loss. We did a trial of verified purchasers of Revivogen from our store several years ago, and every single person who stayed on it longer than 6 months reported maintenance or regrowth. And I made sure those were legit reports from people who had actually been purchasing it that long. http://www.hairlosstalk.com/hair-loss-news/article159.php

As a replacement for Propecia however, Bryan put together this post which I think accurately represents the need to use both spironolactone and Revivogen together, not by itself: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/hair-loss-treatments/revivogen/revivogen-spironolactone.php

Admin

Sparky4444

Reaction score
The problem with Revivo is it is a royal pain to apply...you need to shampoo every day....it may help, but the problem is nobody will stay on it long enough

Jacob

Reaction score
But Admin...wasn't that when Revivogen claimed to use a liposomal delivery system? :whistle:

tommyt123

Reaction score
thx admin i thought revivogen sounded pretty good looking over there ingredients, im currently on nizoral and will add spironolactone/revivogen, any other tips on what else i should add to my regime, ill start a new thread posting pictures of results if there are any once i start my regime.

- - - Updated - - -

with revivogen does anyone know if i should buy both the shampoo and conditioner for best results or just one of the 2

- - - Updated - - -

or would just the scalp therapy be enough

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think scalp therapy + Nizoral would be enough. The comments above about messy-ness are legitimate concern. See if you can tolerate it. I also had irritated skin from it. Made my itching go crazy. But I have not used it in 6 years. I just use topical spironolactone and nizoral now.

Admin