Revivogen, Crinagen, or Folligen? HELP PLZ!

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
Background
I am 23, asian canadian. I notice mild hairloss since around 20 not only until last year I sheded for a few months. I was freaked out, a bald spot was on top of the head. I quickly follow your kind comments on this site and started Minoxidil+spironolactone+Nizoral comobo. I have also been using Toppik and Courve but at this moment (8 months into treatment), I pretty much dont need the concealer anymore because the bald spot is gone! :hairy:

Quitting spironolactone!
Dr.Lee's minoxildil has been working well for me helping my hair growth, however, his spironolactone has done shits to me. I notice a lot of hair shed lately again and I decided I want to switch to another product to halt the shed. AND I NEED IT URGENTLY! I assume DHT-inhibitor like Revivogen or Crinagen will be help, but I am not sure which to choose. I have also heard Folligen, which is not a DHT-inhibitor, help reduce shedding too, is it true??

Revivogen, Crinagen, or Folligen?
I have seen the user rating form this HairLossTalk.com website, Revivogen seems to be promising with 4 stars. Crinagen are said to be the same product with cheaper price (strangely, it only have 3 stars!). So... can anybody suggest me which product to jump on now? Anyone used toppical DHT-inhibitor who can say a word or two here? Is it ok to combo with Minoxidil?

Thanks,
Emery

SAY NO TO PROPECIA!

JesusFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
his spironolactone has done shits to me.

Can you tell us how you know spironolactone hasn't "done sh*t" for you, if you were using both minoxidil and spironolactone at the same time? How do you know that the spironolactone is working the the minoxidil isn't?

Shedding at 8 months into treatment is normal.

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with JesusFreak. How do you know spironolactone isn't working for you? If you start using several treatments around the same time, you will never know which product is working for you and which isn't. You need to provide a bit more explanation here.

If you are going to switch to Revivogen, Crinagen, or Folligen, I recommend Revivogen. A lot of people say that Revivogen and Crinagen are the same product, but I disagree. Revivogen might be formulated a bit differently than Crinagen. Actually, Crinagen copied Revivogen's formula after it was released. Crinagen had already been around, but originally did not contain fatty acids like ALA and GLA. It added them after the release of Revivogen. So for that reason, I tend to put a bit more faith in Revivogen. Bryan can elaborate on this if you ask him.

Revivogen or Crinagen would probably be of more value than Folligen since they will help protect your follicles from DHT. Folligen works differently. So I would try Revivogen first. If that doesn't work, then you can try Folligen.

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for the comments. minoxidil and spironolactone, simple.
minoxidil helps regrowth and I can tell obvious regrowht on my scalp, like i said, the bald spot is gone.
spironolactone on the other hand is suppose to be DHT-inhibitor, ie lose less hair, yet the shedding didnt stop, still losing handful of hair :cry:

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
emery said:
thanks for the comments. minoxidil and spironolactone, simple.
minoxidil helps regrowth and I can tell obvious regrowht on my scalp, like i said, the bald spot is gone.
spironolactone on the other hand is suppose to be DHT-inhibitor, ie lose less hair, yet the shedding didnt stop, still losing handful of hair :cry:

You're oversimplifying.

Ideally, spironolactone should help with maintenance, although it's possible it could also give you some regrowth. This is also how Propecia works.

Minoxidil will give you regrowth. But minoxidil could also help with maintenance, in keeping hair that is beginning to be affected by male pattern baldness to keep growing in spite of male pattern baldness.

It doesn't matter if you are shedding. If your hair looks cosmetically better and you have regrowth, then there's no problem.

Your results can likely be attributed to your whole regimen, not just minoxidil. If you start to play around with it and change things, you might lose your regrowth.

JesusFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
I wish people would take the time to fill our their regimen profile. It would make it easier to answer questions.

Anyway, I added american crew revitalizing spray and my spironolactone induced shedding was haulted.

There are other topical antiandrogens, such as flutamide.

revivogen is certainly an option.

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
updated regimen.

i m interested in american crew revitalizing spray, where can i buy it? my top priority is to halt the shed... otherwise i m losing my regrowth anyway :-x