Revivogen Vs. Spironolactone?

stabone1979

Established Member
Reaction score
I do not need to use both together but just need the better choice for a 2nd topical per temples! Which is more effective by itself? I am already using Propecia and Xandrox. I keep hearing Revivogen is possibly more effective by itelf than Spironolactone. Does spironolactone inhibit alpha 5 type 1 like Revivogen or does it work differently?

G

spironolactone does that. Revivogen blocks the receptor for DHT on the follicle.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
why not just add both?

stabone1979

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe using 3 topicals is too much of a hastle, 2 is annoying enough to spread apart. I often use the Nizoral and Emu together in the shower and then when hair is dry I apply the Xandrox . . . .wait 10 min and then spironolactone Cream. All of that is a project itself especially when I'm dead asleep in the morning.
Trying to decide btw spironolactone 5% cream, spironolactone 2% solution, or Revivogen?

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Personally, if I wasnt using Finasteride (or Dutasteride) I would go:

Nizoral 2% every 3rd day (no big deal at all!. Wash with a reg shampoo 1st , rinse, then apply the nizoral for 5-10mins in the AM to get all the previous night's topical gunk out).

Then use Xandrox at night; wait 30 mins - 1hour; apply Revivogen followed by spironolactone 2% lotion. I dont think there are any contradictions using those two right after the other.

If you are using Finasteride I would do everything I said above but opt for the spironolactone over the Revivogen. Finasteride already should inhibit enough 5ar for most men and Revivogen is probably an over-kill... spironolactone on the other hand works on the androgen receptors so the action of the compound is completely different.

However, if you are not using Finasteride I would opt for the Revivogen over the spironolactone as topical spironolactone hasnt seemed to do much good on its own without also using a 5ar inhibitor of some sort.

Good luck

G

Also a good place to go, is to find the threads on this board that are devoted to both Revivogen and spironolactone.

Where are those threads? I've been looking for them.