revivogen

Youngin

Reaction score
has anyone had any good results with this product?
im 17 almost 18 and norwood 2
diffuse thinner

anyone get good results or have any pics?
it looks promising on paper but its very costly. but if it works im willing to spend the money

Yardbird

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the product is working well for me. I like it. Also, it would be a safe option for someone your age. I'd get on that with Nizoral. Also, revivogen shampoo seems to be good for alternate days...I feel it does a little something extra to keep iritation at bay.
HairLossTalk.com and some others also recommend getting on topical spironolactone in addition to Revivogen, but so far, I've been doing fine without it.

Youngin

Reaction score
im still kinda skeptical, but in denial at the same time
RE: ok your reasons for revivoen & now reasons against
Date: 10/4/2001
Time: 1:02:09 PM
Remote Name: 195.92.65.211

Comments
1) They use typical snakeoil keywords like "For Fuller, Thicker Hair", "All Natural" and "Patent Pending"

2) If this product has a success rate of 96% like they claim, why hasn't it taken the world by storm?

3) There have been no non-biased studies on this product. Sure they claim 96% or 72% success rate, but anybody can claim anything about their own product. There is no independent studies to back up their claims. They keep saying they are trying to setup some studies but they never seem to materialize, kind of makes you wonder what they are hiding.

4) Look at the before & after photographs on their website. The top guy the before picture is taken directly above him, it shows he is balding profusely in the front. The after picture is taken from behind. It just looks like he grew hair because you can't see the front where he is losing hair. It's a common slick trick that many snakeoilers use, taking pictures at different angles.

The middle before & after picture, the guy has a different shaped head and his baldspot is in a different location in each, it's obviously two different people.

The bottom before & after the guy just grew his hair longer.

If this product is so good you would think they would have real pictures and wouldn't have to resort to obvious fake photographs.

5) Same with their letters. Notice how they are signed like John Smith, Lawyer Jane Doe, Housewife.

Who do you know list their occupation after their signature? Nobody, Just like the product, the letters are obvious fakes.

A company that uses fake Photos and letters should warn you immediately that something is not right!

6) They only offer a 3 month money back guarantee yet they claim it takes 6 months for the product to work so the guarantee is worthless because by the time you realize you have been scammed it is too late. If it has a 96% success rate like they claim what do they have to loose by offering a longer money back guarantee. There have also been post here occasionally by people who have had trouble getting their money back.

And remember offering a money back guarantee doesn't legitimize a product because every scam artist knows that even if one is offered the vast majority of people who are dissatisfied with a product don't go through the time and hassle of getting there money back.

7) They don't list the concentrations of their (supposably) active ingredients.

Propecia contain 1mg Finastride, Rogaine contains 5% minoxidil, Tylenol contains 500mg Ibuprophen, etc, etc, etc. Can you name one legitimate medicine out there that doesn't list the concentrations of their active ingredients? Kind of suspicious that Revivogen doesn't.

This is significant for Revivogen because supposably one of their most effective ingredient in fighting hair loss is the Free Fatty Acids (Oleic,Alpha and gamma Linoleics). These free fatty acids are found in small concentrations in pretty much every type of fat and oil product out there, because they don't list the concentrations of these for all anybody knows they could be using plain old corn oil in their product. These fatty acids are widely and cheaply available so not listing their concentrations isn't because they are worried that someone will copy their product, it because they are hiding something.

Also Azelaic acid is a prescription medication. So there has to be very little of it in Revivogen or you would need a prescription for it. (BTW Azelaic Acids has been studied for decades for hair loss, it has never been shown to be effective)

Proanthocyanidins are obtained from grapeseeds. It would take a hell of a lot of grape seeds to get a significant amount in Revivogen and it would make the product cost a hell of a lot more than it does. The odds are they just cheaply crush grapes and say the got proanthocyanidins in there, who knows they don't list the concentration.

8) Not one of their ingredients has been shown to grow hair at all!!! Most of these ingredients have been individually studied for years and have never been shown to do anything for Male pattern baldness. Look at their research listed on their web site. Lots of hard core scientific studies there to make it sound ligit, but if you look closely you will see very little of it has anything to do with male pattern baldness, but NOT EVEN ONE shows that any of their ingredients does anything for male pattern baldness.

9) Also, if you notice there product doesn't have a patent but patent pending, what ever that means. It's not that hard to get a patent for a legitimate product, the fact they don't have one shows they are afraid to let their product be reviewed, especially by the government.

The conclusion is obvious, Revivogen is basically a very slick scam. One of the best in the long history of hair loss scams.

this passage was from http://www.hairsite6.com/m499dutas13/_d ... 00008c.htm

what do you guys think about it? he kinda has me convinced :S

muii

Established Member
Reaction score
i have hears about the photos being very suspicious and think they are as well...also note the background in the after pics, compared to the before pics...very interesting huh...

i have never personally used it but have always thought its mickey mouse stuff, there are some posters on here who seem to think it work "ok"

good luck

Yardbird

Established Member
Reaction score
There have been lots of interesting discussions and even articles written on this site about this product. Why not use the search feature on this site to find some of these? I highly recommend "Random Reflections on Revivogen" by Bryan Sheldon.
I would say that generally most of the negative comments I've heard are from people who do not use the product and are skeptical or from those who didn't give it at least a yr to work for them.
I can't and won't tell you that this product will definitely work for you. I will tell you that I feel that it has worked for me, for whatever that's worth to you.

Youngin

Reaction score
where can i find that article??

this guy has some pretty strong arguments
the pictures on the website arent even convincing

viperfish

Reaction score
Well some of those points are logical, but if you can't use finasteride or don't want to what choice do you have???

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
viperfish said:
Well some of those points are logical, but if you can't use finasteride or don't want to what choice do you have???

5% Minoxidil

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
doubter said:
1) They use typical snakeoil keywords like "For Fuller, Thicker Hair", "All Natural" and "Patent Pending"
Weak argument that presents no evidence against Revivogen.

doubter said:
2) If this product has a success rate of 96% like they claim, why hasn't it taken the world by storm?
They don't claim 96% success rate. The user reviews done by Revivogen, and independently by HairlossTalk with our own users who we verified have been purchasing from us, both returned about a 72% success rate at maintenance or regrowth.

doubter said:
3) There have been no non-biased studies on this product. Sure they claim 96% or 72% success rate, but anybody can claim anything about their own product. There is no independent studies to back up their claims. They keep saying they are trying to setup some studies but they never seem to materialize, kind of makes you wonder what they are hiding.
I wish people would be this logical and skeptical about products like Saw Palmetto and Nettles and Green Tea, which have zilch for data backing them, unlike Revivogen.

doubter said:
4) If this product is so good you would think they would have real pictures and wouldn't have to resort to obvious fake photographs.
I know a particular hair loss web site owner (not me) who has seen the original prints. He states they are not fake. Any questions about the legitimacy of them left me the day I found this out.

doubter said:
6) They only offer a 3 month money back guarantee yet they claim it takes 6 months for the product to work so the guarantee is worthless
And if it were a 6 month money back guarantee you would say this is a "typical tactic of snake oilers, to offer money back guarantee's at all".

doubter said:
every scam artist knows that even if one is offered the vast majority of people who are dissatisfied with a product don't go through the time and hassle of getting there money back.
I rest my case.

doubter said:
7) They don't list the concentrations of their (supposably) active ingredients.
They're not going to reveal the specifics and be copied. Nevertheless, find me a single unproven product on the market that has the data backing its ingredients. You are taking the one product that someone with some brains actually tried to create in hopes of helping people with an alternative to proven products, or to add to them, to maybe improve their chances, and you're trying to destroy it. I don't get the logic of doing that. As someone said above, if Propecia and Rogaine dont work for you, what are you going to do? Toss in the towel?

doubter said:
This is significant for Revivogen because supposably
The fact that you just wrote "supposably" just ruined my ability to try and meet you on some intellectual level for an intelligent discussion. Sorry. The End.

HairLossTalk.com

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
I don't know how you came to that conclusion. But I welcome you to go take saw palmetto capsules, green tea, nettles, and MSM instead. Its your hair. But as they say ... "Don't come crying to us if..."

If science means nothing to you, then yes, Revivogen is a scam. If you're looking for something full of unproven but scientifically backed ingredients that have potential to help, then Revivogen has the most in one solution we've ever seen.

Good Luck.

HairLossTalk.com