Rg80's Story

rg80

Reaction score
Hello there! :woot:

First of all I am happy that I discovered this community, it really helps me (and others of course) to realize that we are the majority (those with hair loss issues).

Ok, here is my story: I am close to 30 (in July will be) and in 2008 I observed that my hair is getting thinner and whenever I was playing with my hair, there were a few of them in my hands. (sorry for my bad English, not native).

I tried at first some supplements, then an energizer shampoo... you know all the story.

In 2009 the problem was still there and my mother tried to "prepare" me: "Don't worry, your father at 35 was already bald!".

Ok, then I start to use minoxidil 5%, it's been like 8 months since then. The hair stopped falling. I think. :) I also saw "some improvement" I really don't know. At the moment I cut down my hair because it's much more easier to apply the minoxidil and the other stuff, too.

From today (after discussing with a physician and reading some of your posts) I decided that it's time to start with Finasteride, too.

Was easier to get Proscar then Propecia, so I got Proscar and cut it down to 5 pieces... and because it's my first day on finasteride, I cut down the fifth piece in two so to try with a bit less then 0.1mg to check out in the first week if there are any side effects on me. Ok, I know that the "cutting down" is approximate but this is the best I can do.

Also bought Nizoral to use it twice/week.

I am curious about the effects. :)

Ok, I took these decisions because i don't wanna be bald 100% and then to think to do something... I really do care about my hair.

This is a photo of me two weeks ago (before cutting my hair)
[attachment=0:bmzf2ub1]2weeksago.jpg[/attachment:bmzf2ub1]

This is a photo of me, now.
[attachment=1:bmzf2ub1]menow.jpg[/attachment:bmzf2ub1]

Any suggestions, advices?

Thnaks.

Attachments

• menow.jpg
    menow.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 194
  • 2weeksago.jpg
    2weeksago.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 197

sergiotahini

Established Member
Reaction score
Your plan is a good one. Propecia and nizoral is a great place to start, and if you just maintain what you have for a few years you will be very fortunate.

Just be consistent, patient, and try not to think about sides too much. Good luck.

rg80

Reaction score
Thanks sergio.

I do everything I can and I am aware of the fact that there will be a point when nothing on earth can save my hair.

Tho, guys, I have a question. Lately I read a lot about shedding... when it occurs? It is necessary? How will I know that I'm shedding? The existing hair will fall out with the HF or without it (break?)... the texture of the new hair will be different? (thicker maybe?).

Thanks all.
Will keep you updated with photos as time will pass.

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your hair dont look bad at all... If i where you id just try use finasteride. Then 12ish months later add something if you where not happy. Based on your picture " 2 weeks ago" you chould just add finasteride without anyone figuring out and maybe get away with only that. Topical massaging atleast once a day WILL get hard as the weeks pass by. Using a nice shampoo on the off days and not using a damaging styling product

Using the big three on a so small hairloss seem like a bit overreacting. Atleast that is my opinion... Anyway, good luck!

rg80

Reaction score
Mrbastard,

I totally understand you point but I?ve been on minoxidil since last year. I am afraid to leave it.

I decided o add finasteride and nizoral to my regime because the temple was getting higher and higher (in my opinion).

So, my theory was that I should preserve the healthy hair folicles that remained because minoxidil by itself wasn't able to do it. (and it's normal, make sense after reading, for days now, what people are saying).

Now, I want to continue with the Big3 a few months, then if things won't get worse (aka loosing more hair) I might use minoxidil only once/day .... or so. I shall see.

OMG, I have so many questions... cand someone please explain me or give a link to a post where shedding is explained? Also, what are you recommending for dry skalp? (using nizo dries the hell out of my skalp).

sergiotahini

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't change anything with your regimen; you may have not needed minoxidil, but now that you're on it you may as well stay on for fear of losing anything that the minoxidil was preserving. For info regarding shedding check this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=12865

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair looks good. Especially considering your age. If you get on a good regime now, no doubt you'll still have enough hair to run your hands through on your 50th birthday.

Me on the other hand... :shakehead:

rg80

Reaction score
deadlocks said:
Your hair looks good. Especially considering your age. If you get on a good regime now, no doubt you'll still have enough hair to run your hands through on your 50th birthday.

Me on the other hand... :shakehead:

Heh, just learning and learning. I am sorry I didn't started with finasteride 2-3 years ago.

@sergiotahini thanks for the link.

Also guys, what would you recommend for dry skalp? I feel it dry, especially after nizoral.