Rguy1978's Story - (Hair Thinning/Part Moving)

rguy1978

Reaction score
For the past six months or so my hair on my crown has started thinning, and it's starting to move towards the front; I can already see my scalp. Today I noticed that it looks if I'm getting a second part in my hair as well, more towards the middle, where my natural part line is on the side of my head, to the left.

First of all, no one in my family's history has ever experienced hair loss of any kind. So not only is this a big surprise to me, but my family is mystified and quite worried; perhaps there is something else wrong? Is hair thinning/loss only genetic, or can it happen to anyone at anytime? And what's with this second part I'm developing?

I've always had healthy thick hair, and this has got me very depressed. I'm not an attractive person, so this hair thing has really got me down, as my hair has always been one of the qualities about me that I was happy with.

I will admit that the last 2 1/2 years was very stressful, a bad job and my father passing away, coincidentally around the time my hair thinning really started to show. I've also had a poor diet in the last few months as well. Perhaps a change of diet and less stress could stimulate renewed hair growth? I'm not much into prescription drugs or chemical-type medicines; can anyone recommend organic/natural stuff for hair?

I also go swimming twice a week; I have been for a couple of years now. Could the chlorine in the pool have an affect on my hair? I never use hair spray or gels, and I shampoo with Head & Shoulders.