Richard Nixon, The Weird Example Of male pattern baldness.

heyhey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is this possible?
Look at Nixon at 1966 and you would think its a few years until he is 100% bald.

AP_332616496015.jpg

Then look at him in 1992
Richard_Nixon_in_1992.jpg

Notice how his male pattern baldness have not advanced anything?

db135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The first picture he is 53, at that age with that hair i would say its highly unlikely that you are going slick bald.

Baldness happens mostly in 20s and 30s imo.

Not everyone is going to nw7 in less than a year.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The pattern and progression of male pattern baldness are really unexpected, thats all I can say

Orwell

My Regimen
Reaction score
Obviously there are exceptions and it can be totally unpredictable, but I think male pattern baldness does slow down with age, or can start and progress very slowly in older men. My dad was a Norwood1.5/2 until nearly 40 and is now Norwood 4ish at 67.

Nixon seemed to have had recession to around Norwood 3 territory probably in his forties and then it seems to have stayed there, albeit getting thinner as he got older.

LeeVanCleef

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking that yesterday about some classic actors like Lee Marvin, Gary Cooper and George C Scott. These guys were strong NW3's by 30 yet barely lost anymore into their old age, still keeping thick hair despite having no temple hair. Same with writers like Hemingway, Bukowski.

It's quite common for men of that era to bald like that (same with my grandad) yet it's rare to see it in post-boomer generations. I hardly ever see guys with NW3 who don't eventually thin or develop that balding 'island'.

Makes me wonder if there's a contributing factor from our modern lifestyles that makes it more common to bald in a more aggressive/progressive pattern.