Rickardoz Story

Rickardoz

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am 26 and a half, have been noticing hair loss for around 4 years and it is gradually getting worse. Still currently around 2 on the Norwood scale, with the most prominent balding being around the temples, a small bald patch on the crown, and in the last year have noticed some top thinning. It is now getting to the point where it will become reasonably noticeable unless i start taking further action.

My treatment to date has been Rogaine 5% which I have been using for about 2.5 years. This certainly hasn't caused any regrowth (although i don't know whether it's slowed the hair loss down) so it appears growth stimulators on their own won't do it for me.

I will over the next few weeks begin on a combination of DHT Inhibitors (revivogen), Antiandrogens (spironolactone) and Nizoral 2%. At this point I would prefer to stay away from finasteride due to the potential side effects.

I am also thinking of going off the rogaine as i don't believe it is stimulating any new growth for me and only leaves me with stained, slightly oily hair. What do people think of this?

Will update with some pics just before i start once all my products come in.

rorkybalboa

Reaction score
hey man,

first of all good luck with everything, i'd say be prepared for the worst with coming off minoxidil, your likely to have a massive shed which will be extremely disheartening at the start of your regieme, certainly i'd stay on minoxidil but prove me wrong i guess.

Rickardoz

Reaction score
hi,

my understanding is minoxidil is a growth stimulant, however during all my time on it i've still been getting a slow recede, so i don't think it has been responsible for any new growth. If this is the case why should i expect a shed?