RICKY 's Story >>Pictures inside<< Need help What to do.

RICKY_NO_MPB

Reaction score
INFO

Hair Shedding started: June2006
Family history of male pattern baldness: No on dad 's side, yes on mom 's side
I have thick dry black hair.

Any Advise guys

Attachments

• 2008-01-25-83163.jpg
    2008-01-25-83163.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 2,629
  • 2008-01-25-83228.jpg
    2008-01-25-83228.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 2,620
  • 2008-01-25-83184.jpg
    2008-01-25-83184.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 2,611
N

needlesting

ur hair isnt that bad man, the usual advice that they give in this forum is the BIG 3 meaning minoxidil 5%, finastride and nizoral shampoo.. it all depends on what level ur male pattern baldness is.
gd luck dude

RaginDemon

Reaction score
finasteride alone will do your hair good.

RICKY_NO_MPB

Reaction score
what medicine should i take for my DRY HAIR any advice guys.
2ndly i loose about 20-30 hair daily, is that a problem?
Finnaly if i take finastride ( propecia) how much does it cost? ( in uk) and wot are the side effects?

thanks for your replys.......

Attachments

• 2008-01-25-83328.jpg
    2008-01-25-83328.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 2,462

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I suggest you do some basic research before you ask questions.

You will learn a lot from it.

lovemyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
The first step is always consult with a doctor or get a referral to a derm. From there you can get a prescription for propecia but I personally use proscar which is much cheaper and works for me. My opinon is to stay on just proscar for up to a year before you start on the minoxidil, because the proscar can be enough to maintain. Yeah so use nizoral like others have already posted every other day, but definately get on the proscar asap to keep what you already have!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
lovemyhair said:
The first step is always consult with a doctor or get a referral to a derm. From there you can get a prescription for propecia but I personally use proscar which is much cheaper and works for me. My opinon is to stay on just proscar for up to a year before you start on the minoxidil, because the proscar can be enough to maintain. Yeah so use nizoral like others have already posted every other day, but definately get on the proscar asap to keep what you already have!

I agree, Proscar is much cheaper.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I'll make this easy for you. Get the hell off this site. You have no business here. People like you make fun of people like me. Do you realize how insulting you are with this sh#t. I hate you.

RICKY_NO_MPB

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
I'll make this easy for you. Get the hell off this site. You have no business here. People like you make fun of people like me. Do you realize how insulting you are with this sh#t. I hate you.
cmon man, m no trying to be funny or insulting to anyone i am genuinely concern about loosing my hair although i might have been lucky to realise this problem in an early stage. i m gonna phone ma GP tommarow to get an appointment as soon as possible so i could get on PROSCAR
thanks for your replys......

RaginDemon

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:

his hair is thnning although its not to the degree that it can be easily spotted.

He is not balding, but his hair is thinning on the top.

Primex

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess i'm blind, but I don't see any hair loss. Of course you see your hair everyday and you can see what's happened to it better than us.

masculineyourheart

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Ricky, welcome to the forum.
Try to ignore the idiots like uncomfortable man, I have no idea what he's doing on this site anyway.

I reckon finasteride would be enough for you for the maintenance, without minoxidil. You probably don't need to regrow that much, but it's obviously thinning out at a young age. Have you talked to a dermatologist or your doctor about other possible causes yet?

To be honest, I think you could leave it for 6 months to see if it gets any worse before jumping on medication. It could just be going through a shedding phase and if you jump on finasteride now, you'll have to be on it for life. That is, unless something miraculous comes out first. If you're still losing after half a year then jump on finasteride and you shouldn't have any worries.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
his hair is thin on the crown, thats enough evidence for male pattern baldness.

RICKY_NO_MPB

Reaction score
what is the effect of finstride on asians ppl, does it act similar to our genes as well? maybe a stupid question

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
I'll make this easy for you. Get the hell off this site. You have no business here. People like you make fun of people like me.

he has every right to be here,hes looking to stop hairloss,except hes doing it early,something i guess you didnt do?

uncomfortable man said:
Do you realize how insulting you are with this sh#t

he isnt in the least bit insulting,he has thinning on top and came here looking for advice.

uncomfortable man said:
I hate you.

deary me,how old are you?

ricky,ask your Doctor about proscar but be warned he may well be useless when it comes to this,however members here can put you in touch with a doctor ashcroft who can prescribe you it.

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey ricky, you have thick dense hair in the front, i think your hairline is just maturing to an adult hairline. The crown looks suspicious but i see lot's of people with a crown like yours that stayied the same for many many years. I think that propecia is all you need man, don't start minoxidil it's too early and you might not ever need to.

Good luck

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Definately some minor crown loss. Its in the early stages you have done well to catch it this early :)

You have every right to be here, some people are just jealous they did not catch it as early as you, but thats no reason to hate someone.

Get on Propecia right away. It will stop or greatly slow down anymore hairloss. In a year if you're still losing ground look into using Rogaine Foam for the crown.

Good Luck bro.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:

Everyone makes fun of people like you, the fact that you are bald is just a final blow to the fact that you have been brought up badly and have no social skills.