Right side of recipient at 4 months.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it normal for one side to be coming in MUCH better than the other at four months? I had 2000 grafts for my temple area and the left side seems to be taking shape much better. Where the right side just looks like unnatural short darker hairs (I'm blonde so dark hairs on the hairline bother me.) Does one side need more time to mature than the other usually? And if so will the color start to look more normal in time also?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. The lefts side is looking AWESOME though for right now. I'll probably post pics at the 6 month mark so you folks can judge for yourselves.

Thanks.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Anybody have an answer to this? Any former hair transplant patients?

At this point I don't know if I should give it another month to really judge or if I should start to worry. The tech who did the implants on my right side seemed less experienced than the one who did the left and it didn't really look right after the surgery but I figured who the hell am I to judge this early. But now I'm starting to get worried.

Please give some feedback...

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes this is quite normal, I had more growth on one side, within a few months the other side started to catch up.

Dont panic person, 6 months + will be the time when things start to get exciting.

Grow well pal

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just breathed a sigh of relief. Thanks for the response it is much appreciated.

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
honestly, if you could somehow not look until 6 months out, you're better off. I'm 3 months, 3 days out on my 3rd hair transplant, so many f-ing ingrown hair zits right now. But its worth it every time.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
PersonGuy said:
Is it normal for one side to be coming in MUCH better than the other at four months?

I have read uneven growth in early days for many patients. Shouldnt be a problem. Everything evened out for me around the 12 month mark. Cheers.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. It definitely helps to hear that this is normal.