Rob_in_oz's Story - (age 25, Thinning At The Front)

rob_in_oz

Reaction score
Hi,

I just found this forum so I thought I would join and see if anyone can help me.

My names Robert and I just turned 25 from the UK. I noticed about a year and half ago that my hair was starting to thin a little at the front. I didn’t really think about it much because it was barely noticeable and with my hairstyle you could hardly see it. In the last few months it’s become a bit more noticeable so I wanted to see what I could do about it. I figured it’s nearly 40 years since man walked on the moon so there must be some sort of remedy to delay the onset of male pattern baldness.

I feel very lucky since there is a history of baldness in my family. My father lost most of his hair in his very early 20’s and has since then worn a hairpiece. His father was also bald at an early age. On my mothers side they all seem to be fairly bald in there 30’s. At the moment I have very think hair everywhere apart from the hairline. Im worried though that within a couple of years this might not be the case. So I wanted to make sure that I did lots of research before it’s too late.

From what I have read it seems like Regaine is a sensible option for me at the moment and is easily available from my local chemist. I have also read that Propecia is a FDA approved drug and has been shown to help fight the battle with baldness. Although I have read about some worrying side effects of Propecia so im not sure if it’s something I should consider taking or not. Then on these forums I read about Finpecia which is the same as Propecia but a third of the price? Is this safe? Is it the same?

What would you recommend for my hair as it’s in the beginning stages of thinning at the hair line?

Any help or advice would be really appreciated as im a newbie to this topic and I have only just started to educate myself. :lost:

Thanks

Robert

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Thinning At The Front Advice Would Be Brilliant!

Looks like your best bet would be finasteride (main ingredient in propecia/fincar ect) and nizoral shampoo. Others may recomment minoxidil for you as well, but it is rather a hassel to apply and pretty costly as well...I don't think you would need it anyways. Your hairloss is somewhat similar to mine but I have a receiting hair loss as well. Check out my pics in the die hard hairline thread and compare if you like. finasteride and nizoral is what I'm using but it's to early to look for results yet.

-DH